A fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic accounts department which currently comprises a team of 12 including the Head of finance, accounts manager, financial controller, five legal cashiers, a revenue supervisor, a senior revenue controller, a billing revenue controller and an assistant accountant.
As the accounts team grows, our aim is to recruit astute, motivated and enthusiastic individuals to represent the Fladgate brand. We offer exceptional training and career development and the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business.
The duties and responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- working capital management both Work-in-Progress (fees and disbursements) and unpaid bills;
- ensuring the firm’s internal policies are observed at all times;
- taking responsibility for your own portfolio of Partners;
- liaising with clients regarding outstanding WIP/invoices as required;
- negotiating and monitoring payments by installments;
- maintaining up-to-date records of all contact with fee earners/clients regarding outstanding bills and WIP using the Aderant collections software;
- meeting with fee earners on a regular basis and reviewing outstanding credit, ensuring WIP is billed as promptly as possible,
- all outstanding bills are being chased and all queries/disputes are being dealt with as appropriate;
- keeping all fee earners up to date with all dealings on their files/clients including incoming monies without delay;
- ensure consistency of departmental service delivery to the firm assisting with the resolution of matter balances, SAR compliance and other issues as required;
- reconciling accounts/matters and preparing statements of account as required;
- reviewing client files to obtain the relevant information and passing to the debt fee earner to instigate legal proceedings;
- investigating debt throughout the firm and chasing payment;
- preparing and producing standard email chasers;
- reporting on outstanding balances on request;
- reviewing client lock up (exposure) and taking appropriate action with the client and client partner to ensure the firm’s exposure is reduced;
- regularly reviewing WIP/cash report and checking with fee earners if client funds may be utilised to settle invoices, or returned to clients when no longer required.
Please click here for a full job description