Alison deals with all aspects of real estate litigation and arbitration for property investment companies, institutional investors, developers, retailers and high networth individuals.
Alison specialises in landlord and tenant litigation where she covers all areas of commercial property management. Her particular emphasis is in leisure and retail.
Her practice also involves neighbour disputes, rights of light issues, breaches of contracts for the sale or purchase of land and general property disputes.
Alison’s recent work includes:
- Termination and renewal of business tenancies both opposed and unopposed.
- Possession claims based on interim schedules of dilapidations.
- Claims for damages arising out of both interim and terminal schedules of dilapidations.
- Claims for forfeiture or actions for specific performance for breaches of tenant’s covenants.
- Advice on alienation and/or planning covenants including advising on issues of unreasonably delaying and/or withholding consents.
- Lease construction and analysis.
- Recovery of possession via proceedings or peaceable re-entry, defending applications for relief and general advice on tenant default.
- Squatters actions.
- Advice regarding insolvent tenants and/or insolvent landlords covering the whole spectrum from those in IVAs and CVAs through to liquidations and bankruptcy.
- Breach of sale or purchase agreements and consideration of actions for rescission or specific performance.
- Disputes as to Rights of Light, Rights of Way and other easements, boundary disputes.
Alison’s expertise in real estate litigation is highlighted by the Legal 500 and Chambers UK.