David Weare is a partner and head of the construction team at Fladgate.
He specialises in complex project work, litigation, arbitration, adjudication and various forms of ADR. David acts for employers, contractors, professionals and funds in the UK and further afield. He has particular experience in the Middle East, having been a resident construction lawyer in Abu Dhabi for a number of years.
David has gained a wealth of construction law experience over many years, in private practice and as an in-house legal adviser to Trafalgar House Construction Ltd.
David is a member of TeCSA and the Society of Construction Law. He has been recognised as a leading individual in both Chambers UK and the Legal 500. David has worked with and represented many of the UK’s leading contractors. He was a panel judge for the Constructing Excellence awards 2013-2016, sponsored by Fladgate.
David’s expertise covers:
- Extension of time and loss and expense claims
- EPC Projects, including energy from waste
- Facilities management and maintenance contracts
- TCC High Court Litigation
- Professional negligence claims
- Final account claims
- Construction adjudication and mediation
- International arbitration (ICC/LCIA/ICSID)
For legal updates and news, please visit the Fladgate Dispute Resolution Hub