Helen Cox is a partner in the private client department at Fladgate.
Helen specialises in advising on both corporate and personal taxation, both domestic and international. She acts for private individuals, family offices, entrepreneurs, trustees and corporate entities.
Helen’s clients hold investments and operate across a wide range of sectors, including real estate, technology, healthcare, leisure, sports and financial services.
Helen’s experience includes:
- Advising high net worth and ultra high net worth individuals and families on a wide range of personal tax issues, including residence and domicile issues, succession planning, moving to the UK, international relocation and the establishment of family investment companies
- Advising on the establishment of offshore trusts and the tax efficient restructuring of existing trusts
- Advising business owners on a broad range of tax issues affecting their business, including on structuring, financings and refinancings, acquisitions and disposals
- Advising on tax issues related to the acquisition, disposal and holding of UK residential and commercial real estate, both for investment and trading purposes
- Advising on cryptocurrencies and other crypto assets
- Providing tax advice to sports professionals, including in relation to image rights and sponsorship agreements
- Advising both individuals and corporate entities on managing their relationship with HMRC and responding to HMRC enquiries.
Helen is a chartered tax adviser and a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation. Helen is also an affiliate member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
Helen regularly writes articles on current tax issues and has written for publications such as Tax Journal, Spears, CityWealth Magazine, Family Office Investor and STEP Journal. Helen is listed in the Citywealth Future Leaders Top 100 list.