I specialise in commercial litigation and arbitration, with a particular focus on insurance and reinsurance coverage disputes in which I represent policyholders.
I am a commercial litigator with a particular focus on representing policyholders in coverage disputes against insurers. Over the past decade, I have helped clients ranging from private individuals to global organisations to successfully recover losses from insurers under a range of policies including professional indemnity, product liability/recall, D&O, property, political and credit risk. I have a real interest in the life sciences and pharmaceutical sector, having spent six months working in-house at a global pharmaceutical company. The COVID-19 pandemic and recent “FCA Test Case” has shone a light on some of the issues with the UK insurance industry’s approach to paying claims and I look forward to working with my clients to ensure they recover what they are owed in an ever hardening insurance market.
As well as representing clients the High Court and Court of Appeal, I am a great fan of arbitration as an alternative means of dispute resolution and have acted in both ad hoc and institutional arbitrations, particularly those governed by the LCIA, ICC and SCC Rules.
Outside of work I am mum to a determined toddler who could probably hold her own in the Supreme Court.
Working closely with clients to anticipate and deal with their business risks and objectives, we utilise the skills of a team of lawyers who are experienced in all types of dispute resolution. Our multi-national, bi-lingual team enables us to service clients wherever they are in the world while achieving the best results for their business.READ MORE
We have a track record for taking on complex, high value and cross-border disputes across a range of sectors. Our strong international focus is a key strength. Our team acts for corporates, high net worth individuals and other overseas lawyers. The practice is home to a several international desks including India and the Middle East.READ MORE
We are an experienced team representing policyholders and their captives in litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution with insurers. The group also advises on insurance programmes and renewals, on the drafting and interpretation of policies, including Warranty & Indemnity cover for M&A deals, and on properly notifying and presenting claims to insurers.READ MORE
With full service disputes capabilities, substantial links to the funding community and a track record of acting on trailblazing cases, our specialist group litigation lawyers provide a bespoke service including the identification, assessment, structuring and launch of compelling cases for individual claimants and companies.READ MORE
One of the few firms with a pedigree of bringing major cases for individuals and companies, including within the growing group litigation sector. We have the ability to access, structure, organise, and obtain the funding required whilst mitigating much of the risk and keeping those costs off balance sheet.READ MORE
We advise international companies both in the UK and abroad in relation to conducting arbitration proceedings and enforcing international arbitration awards. Our team is also experienced in dealing with investor-state arbitrations under bilateral and multilateral investment treaties, including the Energy Charter Treaty.READ MORE
- Acting for a global pharmaceutical company in a series of ad hoc arbitrations against various Bermuda-based insurers relating to the scope of its product liability coverage for “mass tort” personal injury claims in the United States.
- Representing several hundred SMEs in a High Court action against Clydesdale Bank PLC and National Australia Bank alleging that the banks improperly charged customers break costs and deliberately concealed profit hidden within interest rates.
- Acting for a captive reinsurance company in LCIA arbitration proceedings relating to a $500 million expropriation loss under a political risk insurance programme.
- Advising numerous businesses in connection with the scope of their business interruption insurance cover for losses sustained as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Advising the directors of a UK Plc in connection with the renewal of their D&O policy wording to ensure the best possible cover.