I specialise in all aspects of commercial real estate with a particular expertise in the hotel and leisure sectors.
I am passionate about the built environment, design, sustainability as well as the economics of real estate as an investment. I had no hesitation in specialising in this fascinating and ever changing sector on qualifying over twenty years ago. Whilst I consider myself adaptable with the skill set and experience I have gained, I have a focus on hotels and hotel development and I act for a number of hotel owner-operators (both brand franchised and independent), investors and developers on all real estate related issues including acquisitions and disposals, development, funding, structuring and corporate support.
Outside of the office, I am a keen tennis player, golfer, gardener and rock drummer.
We advise on all the key issues affecting the property industry, including regeneration and development schemes, investment, funding, construction matters, property disputes, portfolio management, planning, taxation and the creation of corporate structures.READ MORE
Our real estate investment practice includes a formidable depth of experience advising on investment opportunities in the real estate sector, including sales, acquisitions, joint ventures, tax arrangements, an array of financial work and lettings. We work closely with teams throughout the firm to provide comprehensive and commercially-focused advice on complex investment work for domestic and cross-border clients.
An experienced team with a pedigree of advising across the life cycle of major development and redevelopments from financing, purchase, planning and construction through to lettings and disposal.READ MORE
A large and dedicated real estate team providing a full service to clients operating in the sector. The expertise of our lawyers means we can handle all level of transactions from asset management through to the most complex matters while clients benefit from the efficiency a one-stop-shop can provide.
We have a detailed appreciation of the hotel industry’s dynamics and an understanding of the corporate, commercial, tax, real estate, planning and construction issues that affect businesses in the sector. This enables us to support clients in undertaking a wide range of sophisticated and complex transactions both in the UK and internationally.READ MORE
- The acquisition, refinancing and development of a 500,000 sq ft mixed use scheme at the Minories Estate, Aldgate, London on behalf of 4C Hotel Group.
- Part of a multi-discipline Fladgate team advising the Esporta group of companies on all property related matters connected with their disposal of 17 Virgin Active racquet clubs to British Land Plc for £179m.
- Acting for a large Indian real estate development and hospitality company on the acquisition of 5 Strand in central London for £92.5m.
- The original acquisition, subsequent refinance and later £101m sale of the 120,000 sq ft Queen Anne’s Chambers building (the former offices of the Treasury Solicitor and now the Conrad London St. James Hotel) in Victoria on behalf of the Splendid Hotel Group.
- Acting for the developers of 96-100 Clerkenwell Road, London, converting a former petrol station and surrounding land into a 225 bedroom Yotel branded hotel.