I specialise in intellectual property, technology, data protection and commercial contracts, including hotel franchise and management contracts.
I joined Fladgate in September 2015 and qualified as a solicitor in the commercial, sports and intellectual property team in 2017.
I have experience acting for clients in a broad range of industries including hospitality, advertising, insurance, technology, gaming, fashion, leisure and sports. In particular, and in the fast-moving world of data science and analytics, I enjoy helping clients to find realistic and practical solutions to complex data protection and commercial issues.
I advise clients on a wide-range of matters including the supply of goods and services, hotel management and franchise agreements, commission arrangements, software development, licensing and software-as-a-service agreements, data protection compliance issues, trade mark protection and arrangements relating to the exploitation of intellectual property rights.
I am a member of Fladgate’s Esports and EdTech teams and also a committee member of the UJIA’s business networking group.
Outside of work, I like to take a break from using the left side of my brain and am a keen painter and (albeit novice) baker.
Our expert team advise on all aspects of commercial law, including commercial agency, contracts, competition, data protection and cyber security, digital business and consumer, intellectual property, outsourcing and technology.READ MORE
A team able to advise clients on the fast-paced and changing world of data protection and cyber security, guiding them through the relevant legislation and ensuring full compliance and protection across the industry sectors.READ MORE
Experienced litigation and commercial lawyers working together to advise clients on their full range of IP issues from trademarks and passing off, branding, confidential information and trade secrets through to designs rights, copyright, patents, IP audits and transactions.READ MORE
We have a detailed appreciation of the hotel industry’s dynamics and an understanding of the corporate, commercial, tax, real estate, planning and construction issues that affect businesses in the sector. This enables us to support clients in undertaking a wide range of sophisticated and complex transactions both in the UK and internationally.READ MORE
Our technology team covers the full range of advisory and transactional work, from day-to-day commercial advice, such as software licensing and channel arrangements, through to negotiating major systems procurement, systems integration and outsourcing transactions.READ MORE
Our sector experience spans a wide range of sports including motor racing, where we have advised teams and drivers in Formula 1, A1 GP, World Rally, Cart, Indy Car and Moto GP, and cricket, football, golf and cycling. We have supported clients on a range of a matters including: intellectual property, sponsorship, broadcasting & web rights, fundraising, events, and regulatory issues.READ MORE
A full-service capital markets offering from lawyers who are experts in assisting domestic and international clients in raising new equity, either through admission to the London Stock Exchange’s (LSE) Main Market, the AIM Market (AIM) or through a dual quotation if the company is already listed overseas.READ MORE
- Advised Ocado in respect of intellectual property aspects in relation to its investment into vertical farming start-up, Jones Food Company and in respect of the sale of Marie Claire Beauty Limited (trading as Fabled) to Next Group in 2019.
- Acted for hotel owners, advising on and negotiating franchise and management agreements with a number of leading hotel brands including Marriott, Radisson, IHG and Hilton.
- Acted for Condé Nast in respect of commercial, intellectual property and data protection aspects of the closure of its Brides UK magazine as part of the sale to online US brand Dotdash.
- Assisted with advising David Beckham backed Guild Esports in respect of data protection compliance for its admission to the London Stock Exchange’s Main Market.
- Advising a leading UK casino in respect of data protection compliance matters and its internal policies.