I specialise in capital markets and M&A, with a focus on the natural resources and healthcare sectors.
I am primarily a capital markets lawyer, helping entrepreneurial and high-growth companies navigate the complex listing process on LSE’s Main and AIM markets. I pride myself on being able to cut through the complexity and summarise concepts with clear, straightforward explanations of the rules and the commercial impact on my clients. I have been actively involved in the AIM Market since inception in 1995, and have acted as company secretary to a number of listed and AIM companies. I also advise my clients on both public and private M&A transactions.
I represent clients across industries ranging from casinos to oil companies, with an emphasis on the natural resources, healthcare, property and financial services sectors. My experience of going down two working gold mines in Africa has given me direct exposure to the mining industry and its day-to-day challenges.
When not working, I like testing my body by swimming (and the occasional cycle ride), my brain by playing bridge, and my patience by supporting Chelsea (although after 50 years of support, I should be used to the ups and downs of football).
A full-service capital markets offering from lawyers who are experts in assisting domestic and international clients in raising new equity, either through admission to the London Stock Exchange’s (LSE) Main Market, the AIM Market (AIM) or through a dual quotation if the company is already listed overseas.READ MORE
A team with the expertise, track record and resources to service a wide range of domestic and international clients on large-scale transactions, and our clients range from entrepreneurs to quoted multinational corporations, we have particular strength and an established reputation in the mid-market.READ MORE
We provide practical solutions in contentious and non-contentious situations involving financially distressed businesses through our corporate restructuring and insolvency group. The team advises insolvency practitioners, banks, other lending institutions, stakeholders, troubled companies, directors and individuals on a variety of corporate insolvency-related issues.READ MORE
The cross-firm team provides the range of legal services required by clients across the industry spectrum, from biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices companies to institutions or organisations that are involved in the research, development and sale of medicines, medical devices or nutritional products.READ MORE
- Advising Pan African Resources on the £107m acquisition of Evander Gold Mines from Harmony Gold Mining, and on the rights issue which raised approximately £50m, which partially funded the acquisition, and on a placing and vendor placing raising an aggregate of approximately £55m.
- Advising KCR Residential REIT on its admission to AIM, two acquisitions and several fundraisings.
- Advising Kiwara on its acquisition by First Quantum Minerals for approximately £260m by way of a scheme of arrangement
- Advising TSX and NASDAQ listed TransGlobe Energy Corporation on its admission to AIM (with a market capitalisation on admission of approximately £135 million) by way of the AIM Designated Market route.
- Advising Synairgen on several secondary placings.