I specialise in acquisitions and disposals, with a focus on development and development financing of commercial multi-assets and mixed-use schemes. I also advise on all aspects of lettings, pre-lettings and asset management.
I advise clients on a wide range of real estate issues, ranging from investment acquisitions and disposals to development schemes and development finance and leasehold portfolio management and corporate work. My clients operate across a range of sectors including industrial, hotels, student accommodation, retail and office properties. Working for a wide range of clients provides me with broad expertise, which I apply to the work I do for my clients.
I am known for giving commercial, pragmatic, big picture advice whilst being thorough and diligent on the detail as my recent deal list demonstrates.
I promote and engender a great degree of teamwork and collaboration (with my clients too) and am committed to the promotion of Team Fladgate and the delivery of an effective, quality service on time!
Aside from the day job, I enjoy open water swimming, keeping fit, all theatre, but in particular, the ballet, and I am a keen gardener and novice golfer.
We advise on all the key issues affecting the property industry, including regeneration and development schemes, investment, funding, construction matters, property disputes, portfolio management, planning, taxation and the creation of corporate structures.READ MORE
Our real estate investment practice includes a formidable depth of experience advising on investment opportunities in the real estate sector, including sales, acquisitions, joint ventures, tax arrangements, an array of financial work and lettings. We work closely with teams throughout the firm to provide comprehensive and commercially-focused advice on complex investment work for domestic and cross-border clients.
An experienced team with a pedigree of advising across the life cycle of major development and redevelopments from financing, purchase, planning and construction through to lettings and disposal.READ MORE
Our team provide real estate sector focused support bringing together corporate, tax and restructuring lawyers to deliver practical, commercially focused and often tax-driven solutions to a wide range of clients.READ MORE
Our real estate occupiers team advise on the full range of tenant work, ranging from a start-up business’s first office through to major head office moves. They represent major office occupiers, professional businesses, hoteliers, restaurateurs and retailers, often with national portfolios, in their occupation requirements.READ MORE
Our lawyers don’t just advise on the law, but help our clients with the commercial implications of legal decisions. Our team focusses on the practicalities of retailing, whether through a busy store or shopping centre, or using e-tail channels.READ MORE
The leisure sector is experiencing a period of accelerated change and expansion in response to new technologies and changing consumer behaviours. Drawing on the expertise of our diverse firm, our team provides advice on a wide range of legal and business challenges.READ MORE
A large and dedicated real estate team providing a full service to clients operating in the sector. The expertise of our lawyers means we can handle all level of transactions from asset management through to the most complex matters while clients benefit from the efficiency a one-stop-shop can provide.
- Acting for Bricks Capital and affiliates – a national hotel and student accommodation developer – in connection with acquisition, financing and construction aspects of its Marriott Hotel near London City Airport and its Hilton Courtyard Hotel at Silverstone Race Course.
- Acting for Daylite LED Media Limited and affiliates in connection with acquisition, leasing and trading of digital advertising sites on a nationwide basis.
- Advising Bank of Ireland on two financings involving two different schemes for a joint venture between private equity investor Angelo Gordon and Ridgeback Group in the build-to-rent sector.
- Acted for JV borrower in connection with its development finance facility from Bank of Baroda, London Branch to finance the proposed development of the old Odeon Kensington 1.26 acres site – totalling 35 private apartments, 8 private houses and 20 affordable apartments for the elderly with a re-provision of a new cinema.
- Ongoing advisors to Wright Brothers Restaurant Group in respect of their group structuring and growing portfolio of London locations.