I am a senior associate in the real estate department specialising in commercial property matters, acting for investors and developers as well as occupiers.
I specialise in all aspects of commercial property transactional work. I like to assist clients on their investment and development acquisitions and disposals, and both landlords and tenants on lettings and ongoing management issues and concerns. I have a rare specialism in adverse possession/squatter’s rights cases which comes up occasionally on site acquisitions and disposals.
I act for a wide range of clients, from institutional and semi-institutional clients, to family property companies and high-net-worth individuals, to watchmakers and coffee shops.
In my spare time, I enjoy films, history, curries, livery-company and Clubland socialising, singing and time with the family. I am a trustee of a meditation charity and like to bring some of that calm steadiness into the deals I work on.
We advise on all the key issues affecting the property industry, including regeneration and development schemes, investment, funding, construction matters, property disputes, portfolio management, planning, taxation and the creation of corporate structures.READ MORE
Our real estate investment practice includes a formidable depth of experience advising on investment opportunities in the real estate sector, including sales, acquisitions, joint ventures, tax arrangements, an array of financial work and lettings. We work closely with teams throughout the firm to provide comprehensive and commercially-focused advice on complex investment work for domestic and cross-border clients.
Our lawyers don’t just advise on the law, but help our clients with the commercial implications of legal decisions. Our team focusses on the practicalities of retailing, whether through a busy store or shopping centre, or using e-tail channels.READ MORE
The leisure sector is experiencing a period of accelerated change and expansion in response to new technologies and changing consumer behaviours. Drawing on the expertise of our diverse firm, our team provides advice on a wide range of legal and business challenges.READ MORE
A large and dedicated real estate team providing a full service to clients operating in the sector. The expertise of our lawyers means we can handle all level of transactions from asset management through to the most complex matters while clients benefit from the efficiency a one-stop-shop can provide.
Our real estate occupiers team advise on the full range of tenant work, ranging from a start-up business’s first office through to major head office moves. They represent major office occupiers, professional businesses, hoteliers, restaurateurs and retailers, often with national portfolios, in their occupation requirements.READ MORE
An experienced team with a pedigree of advising across the life cycle of major development and redevelopments from financing, purchase, planning and construction through to lettings and disposal.READ MORE
- Advising Patron Capital, the pan-European institutional investor focused on real-estate backed investments and their JV partner APAM, on the sale of Arlington Business Park (ABP) to Singapore’s CapitaLand for a total consideration of £129m.
- Advising on the £43m sale of the extensive Wembley Point site in the London Borough of Brent to the Canada Israel group, with the benefit of planning consent to convert the vacant office tower on the site to around 400 residential units.
- Advising an institutional fund on the purchase of a portfolio of offices across England and Wales, new lettings and other ongoing-management matters in relation to the buildings, and their subsequent sale as individual assets.
- Advising on the purchase and refinancing of an office building in central Sheffield, the ongoing management and preparation of the site for development (including purchasing an adjoining site and obtaining vacant possession), and the subsequent sale of the site to the DML group.
- Advising an upmarket coffee-shop chain on lease acquisitions of cafés and kiosks in Central London.