Competition law governs a wide range of business practices from interaction with competitors, suppliers and customers, through participation in trade associations, to the structuring and implementation of corporate mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures.
Understanding how competition law impacts on a business has never been more important given the risks of non-compliance, but also because, used strategically, competition law can be a very important tool in keeping one’s trading partners honest through litigation.
Regulatory authorities around the world are working ever more closely to co-ordinate their competition law enforcement powers. Companies need legal advisers who can provide a global perspective and advise on international best practice.
Our lawyers use their broad experience and knowledge of the competition law landscape to get the deal done, solve business challenges or resolve disputes. We can assist you on the full range of competition law matters, including:
- transactional support and merger control advice;
- devising and implementing commercial agreements that are compliant with all applicable competition and consumer law rules;
- defending companies under investigation by the competition law authorities, including in relation to “dawn raids” and on-site inspections;
- drafting and filing complaints to the authorities to seek appropriate redress for those affected by anti-competitive behaviour;
- competition law litigation – advising companies how to protect their interests through the national and international courts and tribunals;
- devising and instituting compliance programmes;
- advising on consumer protection, marketing and advertising matters related to competition.