I am a Competition, Regulatory and Commercial lawyer advising companies in technology driven sectors on their day-to-day commercial and regulatory needs. I advise many start-up and high growth companies on their legal requirements and in obtaining outside investment to scale-up their businesses.
I act as a trusted advisor to my clients, an extension of their internal team. I'm not just there for specific legal matters as they arise, but to help companies and their shareholders/investors develop a strategy which minimises and deals with any legal risk.
In practical terms, I advise on competition issues raised by commercial agreements, behavioural practices, acquisitions and joint ventures; regulatory and broader commercial matters in the Media, Technology, Telecoms, Sports, Pharmaceuticals and Education sectors; and structuring, commercial and IP matters affecting entrepreneurs and investors in growth companies.
I am a regular contributor to the written and spoken press on legal issues affecting technology based companies.
I am passionate about using my knowledge and contacts to help industries navigate legal and regulatory challenges. I am an active board member of industry trade bodies, including LawinSport, and the Association for Interactive Media and Micropayments (AIMM).
Outside of work, my family and sport are my key interests. I am Chairman of London Maccabi Vale Cricket Club and an ever willing tennis player on the courts of North-West London.
Our team can advise on all aspects of competition law from merger control advice, compliance and sectoral regulation through to dawn raids and competition litigation for clients across a range of clients from start-ups to listed companies.READ MORE
Our expert team advise on all aspects of commercial law, including commercial agency, contracts, competition, data protection and cyber security, digital business and consumer, intellectual property, outsourcing and technology.READ MORE
Rapid growth and constant innovation in the way businesses and individuals use, store, trade and consume information and content are continually raising new business and legal issues. In the fast-changing media and technology sector, where many traditional approaches are under challenge, we believe that a combination of experience in contract preparation, negotiation and dispute resolution, and a detailed understanding of IP, regulatory and licensing issues are critical. Businesses require professional advisers who understand the myriad issues affecting the industry.READ MORE
The cross-firm team provides the range of legal services required by clients across the industry spectrum, from biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices companies to institutions or organisations that are involved in the research, development and sale of medicines, medical devices or nutritional products.READ MORE
Our sector experience spans a wide range of sports including motor racing, where we have advised teams and drivers in Formula 1, A1 GP, World Rally, Cart, Indy Car and Moto GP, and cricket, football, golf and cycling. We have supported clients on a range of a matters including: intellectual property, sponsorship, broadcasting & web rights, fundraising, events, and regulatory issues.READ MORE
- Advising rights holders and broadcasters including FA Premier League, England and Wales Cricket Board, Scottish Professional Football League, OSN, and MTG on media rights matters.
- Advising companies including Ambassador Theatre Group, General Mills, Flextronics, World Fuel Services, Nokia, Total and Sumitomo in successfully obtaining merger control clearance decisions from the EU, UK, COMESA and other international competition authorities.
- Advising numerous clients active in the provision of mobile telephony services on issues arising from the application of the PhonepayPlus Code of Practice and other matters regulated by Ofcom under the Communications Act.
- Negotiating and concluding important commercial contracts for companies including Easygyms, Ocado Ventures, Avesoro Mining, Farla Medical, Fonix Mobile and Surrey County Cricket Club.
- Advising growth companies on successful investment rounds and expansion, including Joos, Playzido Gaming, Blockchain BK, Inclusion Expert (Edtech), and E-technologies (fintech).