I specialise in advising my clients in relation to customer and supplier contracts, IP protection issues, GDPR compliance challenges and other advertising and marketing matters.
I joined Fladgate as a trainee in 2013, having previously worked in the niche world of press self-regulation. I qualified into commercial law in 2015, helping clients with their everyday business operations: negotiating supply agreements, preparing consumer terms and conditions, exploiting IP and simplifying marketing and GDPR compliance headaches. My advice is never given in a vacuum – it always needs to work in the client’s practical, commercial context.
Over the years, I have worked with clients across a range of industries, including fashion and beauty, publishing, advertising, technology and sports. I have a particular focus on helping to protect IP in these areas, whether that be brands, copyrights or design rights. My work encompasses both contentious and non-contentious matters, and I regularly act for clients in IP disputes, including trade mark cases before the UK Intellectual Property Office and the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court.
When I’m not working I enjoy seeking out, listening to and attempting to mix music from around the world. I am still very much in the denial phase with regards to my increasingly improbable DJ career, so if you need someone for an upcoming party, please do get in touch.
Experienced litigation and commercial lawyers working together to advise clients on their full range of IP issues from trademarks and passing off, branding, confidential information and trade secrets through to designs rights, copyright, patents, IP audits and transactions.READ MORE
Our expert team advise on all aspects of commercial law, including commercial agency, contracts, competition, data protection and cyber security, digital business and consumer, intellectual property, outsourcing and technology.READ MORE
Commercial lawyers advising on all aspects of contractual work, from drafting to negotiation, supporting our clients’ day-to-day operations and tackling complex projects.READ MORE
A team able to advise clients on the fast-paced and changing world of data protection and cyber security, guiding them through the relevant legislation and ensuring full compliance and protection across the industry sectors.READ MORE
Our e-business and e-commerce team is able to advise on all issues arising from the frequently changing online marketplace in a way which will help clients across a range of sectors launch, maintain and grow their brand while maximising business opportunities.READ MORE
- Headspace is the world’s leading app/online meditation and mindfulness content, managing their portfolio of trade marks outside the US, helping them to get protected in countries of interest, and resolving potential disputes with infringers in a quick and pragmatic way.
- Advised Penguin Random House’s in-house legal team in their GDPR compliance programme, providing advice on the technical detail of GDPR and how it impacted PRH’s digital strategy.
- Advised beauty product importer and distributor Glorious Brands on its exclusive distribution arrangements in the UK (including for PUR and Trilogy brands).
- Acted for the Californian street-wear brand AMIRI in connection with the protection of its trade marks in the UK and EU, including handling opposition proceedings before the EU Intellectual Property Office.
- Round is the UK’s favourite table service app, advising them on their contracts with UK pub venues, their consumer terms and conditions as well as GDPR and other ad-hoc commercial and compliance issues.