I am a lawyer in Fladgate’s Dispute Resolution team, specialising in complex, high value disputes. While I have a particular focus on banking and financial markets litigation, I regularly represent companies and individuals in commercial disputes across a range of sectors, often involving an international element.
I act for corporate and private clients in a broad range of sectors who are involved in commercial litigation, whether as claimant or defendant in the proceedings.
My role as a litigator involves quickly getting to grips with a client’s business and gaining a thorough understanding of the events underlying the dispute. Clients trust me to put forward their best case at all times, often in fast-moving circumstances that require strategic flexibility, while helping them to navigate court processes and deadlines in an efficient and timely manner.
Outside of the office, as a keen linguist I like to travel whenever I get the opportunity. I also enjoy cooking and sports, and am equally happy in a good restaurant or on the tennis court, although preferably not in that order.
Working closely with clients to anticipate and deal with their business risks and objectives, we utilise the skills of a team of lawyers who are experienced in all types of dispute resolution. Our multi-national, bi-lingual team enables us to service clients wherever they are in the world while achieving the best results for their business.READ MORE
We have a track record for taking on complex, high value and cross-border disputes across a range of sectors. Our strong international focus is a key strength. Our team acts for corporates, high net worth individuals and other overseas lawyers. The practice is home to a several international desks including India and the Middle East.READ MORE
A highly experienced private wealth disputes team providing a one stop shop to clients in the sector and able to advise on any issue which may arise. Advising clients across-the-board, the team can strive to minimise the risk of disputes while having the expertise and experience to litigate at the highest level.
Experienced litigation and commercial lawyers working together to advise clients on their full range of IP issues from trademarks and passing off, branding, confidential information and trade secrets through to designs rights, copyright, patents, IP audits and transactions.READ MORE
- Advising a private client as defendant in proceedings brought by investors in his insurance business.
- Representing a Chinese company in an intellectual property dispute regarding the client’s name and marketing materials.
- Acting in a claim brought against a private client concerning the ownership of an online gaming website, which went to trial in the summer of 2020.
- Property Alliance Group v RBS: Acting on the successful defence of a claim that involved allegations of LIBOR manipulation and was of considerable interest to the financial markets sector. It was one of The Lawyer’s top 20 cases for the year.
- Claim between UBS, KWL, Depfa and LBBW: Successfully defending a multi-party, cross-border dispute over single tranche collateralised debt obligations valued at roughly $600 million. The trial ran for three months in the Commercial Court and was one of The Lawyer’s top 20 cases for the year.