I am a litigation and arbitration solicitor who specialises in company, commercial and fraud matters.
I am a dispute resolution solicitor who joined Fladgate in 2011 after training at a major international firm.
My practice focusses on commercial and business disputes. I have particular experience and expertise dealing with shareholder disputes, fraud matters, insolvency claims and disputes relating to international supply and distribution agreements.
I have extensive experience of High Court litigation and international arbitration.
I advise on Commercial Agents Regulations and is regularly instructed in commercial agent compensation cases.
I also advise private clients on defamation, contentious trust and contentious probate disputes.
Outside of the law, I live in eternal hope that Newcastle United will one day return to their rightful place at the top of the Premier League.
Working closely with clients to anticipate and deal with their business risks and objectives, we utilise the skills of a team of lawyers who are experienced in all types of dispute resolution. Our multi-national, bi-lingual team enables us to service clients wherever they are in the world while achieving the best results for their business.READ MORE
We have a track record for taking on complex, high value and cross-border disputes across a range of sectors. Our strong international focus is a key strength. Our team acts for corporates, high net worth individuals and other overseas lawyers. The practice is home to a several international desks including India and the Middle East.READ MORE
We advise international companies both in the UK and abroad in relation to conducting arbitration proceedings and enforcing international arbitration awards. Our team is also experienced in dealing with investor-state arbitrations under bilateral and multilateral investment treaties, including the Energy Charter Treaty.READ MORE
A highly experienced private wealth disputes team providing a one stop shop to clients in the sector and able to advise on any issue which may arise. Advising clients across-the-board, the team can strive to minimise the risk of disputes while having the expertise and experience to litigate at the highest level.
Our insolvency & restructuring team, comprising experienced contentious and non-contentious lawyers, has a reputation for providing practical solutions to business-critical challenges. We are known in the market for our 'pragmatic and responsive advice' to a range of stakeholders, including insolvency practitioners, debtors and directors.READ MORE
Combing wide-ranging expertise and a deep understanding of the international art market, we are able to identify and deliver commercially informed, pragmatic solutions for our clients.READ MORE
Trust disputes often present a very particular set of difficulties and legal issues, many of which derive from a trustee’s special responsibility as fiduciary. These may relate to how costs are dealt with, the protection of trustees from personal liability, breaches of trustees’ obligations and challenges over the administration of the trust.READ MORE
- Successfully defending a shareholder and director accused of participating in conspiracy to defraud the majority shareholder of a large casino business. The case involved parallel civil proceedings in the High Court and a private prosecution in the criminal courts.
- Acting as sole advocate for a listed Polish manufacturing company in an ICC arbitration in Vienna relating to claims arising out of the commercial agency agreement.
- Acting for the provisional director of a Californian technology company in a High Court claim relating to the disputed ownership of valuable shares in an English IT company.
- Acting for an Israeli joint-venture partner in a three week Commercial Court trial relating to the alleged mismanagement of a high profile Berlin property development. The claim settled before judgment.
- Acting for the successful party in a three High Court trial about the proper interpretation of a will.