I specialise in commercial litigation and dispute resolution with a particular focus on insurance and reinsurance, where I advise clients on policy wordings whether in active disputes with insurers or on an advisory basis.
At its heart, my job is to help clients resolve their commercial disputes. This can involve a more traditional process of litigation in the courts, arbitration, or alternative forms of dispute resolution, such as a binding determination or mediation. Key to my role is listening to my client's objectives and helping them achieve a commercial outcome that meets their business needs.
I act on a variety of complex and high value disputes, including claims relating to mis-selling of structured products, professional negligence, misrepresentation and breach of contract / warranty. My clients range from large corporates to individuals but the common theme is the same: most people would rather avoid a dispute but, finding themselves in one, want it resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
On the insurance side, I provide coverage advice to policyholders on a wide range of issues affecting various different types of policies, including liability policies (professional indemnity, public, product, D&O), business interruption, property, construction all-risks and warranty and indemnity. The bottom line is ensuring that insurers pay out valid claims.
Outside of work, I like the idea of keeping fit and healthy and regularly think about, and occasionally go, running. Having recently moved to a house with a garden, I can also be found attempting to grow vegetables and chasing my dog away from the vegetable patch.
Working closely with clients to anticipate and deal with their business risks and objectives, we utilise the skills of a team of lawyers who are experienced in all types of dispute resolution. Our multi-national, bi-lingual team enables us to service clients wherever they are in the world while achieving the best results for their business.READ MORE
We have a track record for taking on complex, high value and cross-border disputes across a range of sectors. Our strong international focus is a key strength. Our team acts for corporates, high net worth individuals and other overseas lawyers. The practice is home to a several international desks including India and the Middle East.READ MORE
We are an experienced team representing policyholders and their captives in litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution with insurers. The group also advises on insurance programmes and renewals, on the drafting and interpretation of policies, including Warranty & Indemnity cover for M&A deals, and on properly notifying and presenting claims to insurers.READ MORE
We advise international companies both in the UK and abroad in relation to conducting arbitration proceedings and enforcing international arbitration awards. Our team is also experienced in dealing with investor-state arbitrations under bilateral and multilateral investment treaties, including the Energy Charter Treaty.READ MORE
One of the few firms with a pedigree of bringing major cases for individuals and companies, including within the growing group litigation sector. We have the ability to access, structure, organise, and obtain the funding required whilst mitigating much of the risk and keeping those costs off balance sheet.READ MORE
With full service disputes capabilities, substantial links to the funding community and a track record of acting on trailblazing cases, our specialist group litigation lawyers provide a bespoke service including the identification, assessment, structuring and launch of compelling cases for individual claimants and companies.READ MORE
We provide comprehensive advisory and transactional services to our clients. Our lawyers understand the regulatory environment in which both lenders and borrowers operate and the diverse range of financing structures now available.READ MORE
- Instructed by a major national commercial property agency to secure cover for third party claims in a professional indemnity coverage dispute where insurers claimed the company had failed to comply with its duty of "fair presentation" under the Insurance Act 2015.
- Representing 500+ SMEs in a High Court action against Clydesdale Bank PLC and National Australia Bank alleging that the banks improperly charged customers break costs and deliberately concealed profit hidden within interest rates.
- Acting for a public body seeking to recover multi-million-pound losses occurring over a prolonged period under various public liability policies following a major national incident.
- Advising numerous businesses in connection with the scope of their business interruption insurance cover for losses sustained as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Representing an investment and wealth management firm in an insurance coverage dispute as to the responsiveness of a professional indemnity policy including legal costs incurred defending a US action relating to a fraudulent revolving credit facility.