I am a senior associate in the dispute resolution department. I specialise in restructuring and insolvency particularly with a fraud and asset tracing aspect.
I advise financial institutions, office holders, debtors and directors. My practice includes working on CVA’s, pre-pack administrations sales, formal insolvency and advising management on duties and risk.
I represent clients in insolvency litigation in both corporate and personal insolvency situations as well as fraud and asset tracing matters and advising on antecedent transactions.
The pandemic has changed the way we work and the ability of businesses to continue trading in their usual way. This has brought financial considerations and difficulties to the fore. Strategic planning for getting back to work and dealing with any fall out should be started as soon as possible, including checking for fraudulent transactions on any bank or other account that may have been missed during the lockdown and directors obtaining regular advice on their duties and responsibilities.
When I am not working I enjoy walking, reading and listening to all types of music as well as watching rugby and cricket.
Working closely with clients to anticipate and deal with their business risks and objectives, we utilise the skills of a team of lawyers who are experienced in all types of dispute resolution. Our multi-national, bi-lingual team enables us to service clients wherever they are in the world while achieving the best results for their business.READ MORE
We have a track record for taking on complex, high value and cross-border disputes across a range of sectors. Our strong international focus is a key strength. Our team acts for corporates, high net worth individuals and other overseas lawyers. The practice is home to a several international desks including India and the Middle East.READ MORE
Our civil fraud & asset recovery team is described as 'innovative and nimble'. Its members include those with industry and regional experience as well having regulatory, trusts, employment and insolvency specialisms.READ MORE
Our insolvency & restructuring team, comprising experienced contentious and non-contentious lawyers, has a reputation for providing practical solutions to business-critical challenges. We are known in the market for our 'pragmatic and responsive advice' to a range of stakeholders, including insolvency practitioners, debtors and directors.READ MORE
- Advising on the tracing of assets in relation to the insolvency of a large property portfolio of an individual debtor. The monies used to invest had been obtained fraudulently.
- Advising on the purchase of a large accountancy practice through a pre-pack administration sale and purchase.
- Advising a trustee in bankruptcy in relation to assets held offshore and repatriating those assets. This also included tracing further assets held in companies created to hide the property of the bankrupt.
- Acting for the purchaser of a business bought during the financial crisis in a claim against the seller of the business for breach of warranty in a sale agreement that the accounts of the business gave a true and fair view of its value.
- Advising the liquidators of an offshore insurance business on assets tracing from the business into real estate held by companies in England. This also included obtaining a recognition order for the liquidators in the English court.