I am a real estate lawyer working on high value, complex developments, prelettings and investments.
With over twenty five years experience in the real estate sector, I provide legal advice to developers, purchasers, landlords and tenants of UK property. I have worked extensively on high value mixed use, leisure/hotel and office urban development projects. I coordinate specialist planning and construction lawyers and work with other real estate consultants to deliver a holistic legal product which anticipates the drivers/requirements of funders, purchasers/occupiers and other stakeholders in order to achieve project completion - without unwelcome surprises. I love working as part of the development and transactional team; it is this integration which enables me to forecast upcoming pinch points and provide solutions and delivers the job satisfaction of creating - with others – place making destinations. I work both with UK developers/ investors and international organisations; helping them successfully navigate the idiosyncrasies of the UK market.
We advise on all the key issues affecting the property industry, including regeneration and development schemes, investment, funding, construction matters, property disputes, portfolio management, planning, taxation and the creation of corporate structures.READ MORE
A large and dedicated real estate team providing a full service to clients operating in the sector. The expertise of our lawyers means we can handle all level of transactions from asset management through to the most complex matters while clients benefit from the efficiency a one-stop-shop can provide.
An experienced team with a pedigree of advising across the life cycle of major development and redevelopments from financing, purchase, planning and construction through to lettings and disposal.READ MORE
Our real estate investment practice includes a formidable depth of experience advising on investment opportunities in the real estate sector, including sales, acquisitions, joint ventures, tax arrangements, an array of financial work and lettings. We work closely with teams throughout the firm to provide comprehensive and commercially-focused advice on complex investment work for domestic and cross-border clients.
- The acquisition of Whiteleys Shopping Centre by corporate vehicle for Meyer Bergman (now known as Mark) and its ongoing redevelopment into a prime residential, leisure and retail destination; navigating significant development constraints and third party issues and advising on scheme structuring and penthouse sales.
- Advising a Far East investor on the acquisition of a prime residential and mixed use development site in West London with particular focus on the deliverability of the approved planning scheme in the light of the material development constraints.
- Acting for Middle Eastern investors in standing investments and development sites with and without acquisition financing.
- Advising on development management agreements for both owners and development managers with complex profit share arrangements for major developments in the UK.
- Acting for a global investment bank the purchase of a corporate vehicle owning a London midtown building which completed the assembly of a development site destined to become their EMEA HQ. I acted on the subsequent redevelopment; obtaining multiple releases of rights of light from adjoining owners.
- Advising on the negotiation and variation of rent sharing long leases with the City of London and other institutions.
- Acting on forward funding of office and hotel developments for Aviva and other UK institutions and funds.
- Advising a US real estate fund on their redevelopment, preletting and refinancing of their London office portfolio comprising 5 multi million pound buildings.
- Acting for Canary Wharf on the preletting and regearing of major office lettings at the Wharf.
- Advising Great Portland Estates on the acquisition of development sites with and without planning, their development and disposals of the completed, income producing lettings including office buildings of advising Singaporean investors on the acquisition of office and retail investments of £260m and £160m respectively.