I am a non-contentious construction lawyer specialising in UK property development and projects.
I have over 20 years’ experience as a construction lawyer.
I have acted for a wide range of clients – developers, a variety of lenders, contractors and consultants, ranging from large corporate entities to entrepreneurs. Most of my work has been in the UK property market but I have also undertaken a number of international projects and acted for international clients.
My focus is on transactional work. During my career I have been lucky to have advised on some fabulous landmark developments including St Pancras Chambers, the Emirates Airline Cable Car and for the last 13 years, the phased redevelopment of Wembley Park.
I have worked principally on mixed use and residential developments (including a significant build to rent element), but I have undertaken projects involving designer outlet centres, city centre redevelopments, hotels, offices, railways and infrastructure.
I have also developed an expertise in sports related construction projects - helping with football stadium developments and venue use agreements. I have negotiated agreements involving the NFL, LOCOG and the UEFA.
I am also a member of the CIC liability panel.
I am genuinely fascinated to see the finished developments I work on and what can be achieved in terms of architecture and interior design.
When I am not working, I can usually be found either out with my family or at home knitting, quilting or cooking. More recently, and in common with many clients and colleagues, I have also become a part - time primary school teacher and a trainee hairdresser.
The scale and duration of projects in this sector call for specialist expertise in drafting and negotiating contracts. Our team has extensive experience in contracts for supply, installation, construction and facilities management, appointments, collateral warranties, bonds and parent company guaranteeREAD MORE
Our large dedicated construction team advise a wide range of clients on the legal aspects of construction projects, from contracts and other documentation to navigating EU procurement rules, appointing the appropriate professionals and resolving contractual issues during the construction phase.READ MORE
An experienced team with a pedigree of advising across the life cycle of major development and redevelopments from financing, purchase, planning and construction through to lettings and disposal.READ MORE
Our large dedicated construction team provide non-contentious and contentious construction advice on domestic and international matters. We have acted for many of the leading funds and investors into the UK construction industry as well as a number of suppliers.READ MORE
We advise secondary and primary-market investors in a range of sectors, PPPs/PFI and asset-backed vehicles we advise investors and contractors on their involvement with PPPs, PFIs and asset-backed vehicles and are experienced in drafting and negotiating appropriate forms of contract (including standard forms) and associated sub-contracts. We also act for a number of investors and contractors on existing renewable energy and battery storage projects, PPPs and PFIs, including advice to investors on the acquisition of portfolios of PFI/ PPP and renewable energy generation assets.
We advise on all the key issues affecting the property industry, including regeneration and development schemes, investment, funding, construction matters, property disputes, portfolio management, planning, taxation and the creation of corporate structures.READ MORE
- Acting for Quintain in relation to the phased redevelopment of Wembley Park – I have been involved with Wembley Park since 2008 and have watched the development of the 80 hectare site and the place making go hand in hand. Most recently I have become involved in the newest phase of the development to the north east part of the site.
- Advising in relation to the demolition of the Pedway to Wembley Stadium and the associated lift works.
- Working with residential developer with a particular expertise in airspace developments.
- Advising a client on a significant refinancing with a value of over £600 million and undertaking all relevant construction due diligence and documentation.
- Redevelopment of St Pancras Chambers – I was part of a team that acted for the developer over a period of 7 years both in relation to the development of the residential apartments, the hotel, and the concourse retail, and also the development finance. This project saved one of London’s most iconic buildings.