I specialise in non-contentious construction and development work both on a standalone basis and inputting on construction and development aspects of real estate, finance and corporate matters working with my colleagues throughout the firm and the client’s other professionals.
My work involves assisting clients in efficiently and effectively setting up the documentation needed to progress and deliver projects to protect their interests be it in their capacity as a developer, borrower, lender, purchaser or tenant.
After 25 years of practice, I am constantly reminded that the better a project is set up from the outset, the smoother it will run and the opportunity for disputes and delay will be minimised.
Construction and development projects are all about teamwork – both working with my colleagues internally and the consultants and contractors involved in delivering projects. By adopting an inclusive approach, the prospect for delivering on time and on budget is significantly improved which is the aim of any party involved in development.
Outside of work I am a dedicated collector of too many things, in particular vintage Hawaiian shirts and blues 78s for my 1947 Wurlitzer jukebox.
The scale and duration of projects in this sector call for specialist expertise in drafting and negotiating contracts. Our team has extensive experience in contracts for supply, installation, construction and facilities management, appointments, collateral warranties, bonds and parent company guaranteeREAD MORE
Our large dedicated construction team provide non-contentious and contentious construction advice on domestic and international matters. We have acted for many of the leading funds and investors into the UK construction industry as well as a number of suppliers.READ MORE
Our large dedicated construction team advise a wide range of clients on the legal aspects of construction projects, from contracts and other documentation to navigating EU procurement rules, appointing the appropriate professionals and resolving contractual issues during the construction phase.READ MORE
Our facilities management team combines expertise in outsourcing, partnership and joint venture contracts with specialist expertise in facilities management-related areas including real estate, construction and engineering, employment, insurance, IP, corporate structuring and tax.
An experienced team with a pedigree of advising across the life cycle of major development and redevelopments from financing, purchase, planning and construction through to lettings and disposal.READ MORE
We advise on all the key issues affecting the property industry, including regeneration and development schemes, investment, funding, construction matters, property disputes, portfolio management, planning, taxation and the creation of corporate structures.READ MORE
- Redevelopment of a central London hotel into an aparthotel involving drafting and settling all the construction documentation and getting this approved by the new tenant and funder and dealing with drafting and negotiation of the development aspects of the Agreement for Lease.
- Acting for a lender financing two student accommodation developments and assisting the borrower in amending its package of construction documentation (Building Contract, Appointments, Warranties, Reliance Letters) to get them into an institutionally acceptable form.
- Advising an international contractor engaged on a rail extension project in West Africa on the drafting and settling memorandum of understanding documentation with its Scandinavian and European sub-contractors.
- Redevelopment of a former listed town hall into a mixed-use hotel and leisure facility, drafting and settling all the construction documentation involving assisting the client in terminating and replacing key consultants prior to commencement of the project on site.
- Assisting a developer on a range of residential developments procured by way of construction management, resolving procurement changes due to termination of key trade contractors, assisting on construction aspects of a disposal by way of share sale, working with the client management team to satisfy funding CPs for drawdowns.