I specialise in corporate and commercial real estate transactions, particularly complex development matters but also investment acquisitions and disposals and helping businesses with their occupational needs.
I have been at Fladgate since July 2017 and prior to that I trained, qualified and practiced as a commercial real estate lawyer at a large international firm in the City for 4 years.
I enjoy thinking proactively and creatively to resolve problems for my clients. I derive a huge amount of satisfaction in working closely with them, helping them realise the deals they have put together. Development work particularly feeds my appetite for pairing creative solutions to complex problems, but I also find opportunities for that in investment work and occupier transactions.
My clients are varied. They include real estate private equity, mixed-use developers, institutional investors, high net worth individuals and high profile occupiers of different shapes and sizes. The sectors span living, sports and leisure, hotels, industrial and retail.
Outside of work I closely follow the fortunes of Leicester’s football team and England’s cricket team. I also run a church youth group in Brixton and enjoy spending time with my wife and kids.
I probably drink too much coffee both inside and outside of work.
We advise on all the key issues affecting the property industry, including regeneration and development schemes, investment, funding, construction matters, property disputes, portfolio management, planning, taxation and the creation of corporate structures.READ MORE
An experienced team with a pedigree of advising across the life cycle of major development and redevelopments from financing, purchase, planning and construction through to lettings and disposal.READ MORE
Our real estate investment practice includes a formidable depth of experience advising on investment opportunities in the real estate sector, including sales, acquisitions, joint ventures, tax arrangements, an array of financial work and lettings. We work closely with teams throughout the firm to provide comprehensive and commercially-focused advice on complex investment work for domestic and cross-border clients.
A large and dedicated real estate team providing a full service to clients operating in the sector. The expertise of our lawyers means we can handle all level of transactions from asset management through to the most complex matters while clients benefit from the efficiency a one-stop-shop can provide.
Our lawyers don’t just advise on the law, but help our clients with the commercial implications of legal decisions. Our team focusses on the practicalities of retailing, whether through a busy store or shopping centre, or using e-tail channels.READ MORE
We have a detailed appreciation of the hotel industry’s dynamics and an understanding of the corporate, commercial, tax, real estate, planning and construction issues that affect businesses in the sector. This enables us to support clients in undertaking a wide range of sophisticated and complex transactions both in the UK and internationally.READ MORE
- Advising R55 on the site assembly and disposal of several large mixed-use London development sites. This included Minavil House, an ex-industrial site owned by Lidl, which is being developed into a 26-storey tower, comprising a new Lidl store, 250+ housing units, a café and flexible office and workshop space.
- Advising 4C Hotels on various aspects of its development of The Minories Estate in Aldgate, London. The site comprises over 500,000 sq ft of office, retail, hotel and residential development.
- Advising Penguin Random House, Odeon Cinemas, Amazon, Brentford FC, Saracens RFC and other high-profile occupiers on the growth, management and development of their property assets.
- Advising a family office on the acquisition of a retail park in East Anglia from the Crown Estate and subsequently advising on the development of a new phase of that retail park, including its pre-lets.
- Advising a hotel developer on the acquisition and development of a 145 bedroom hotel in Spinningfields, Manchester.