I specialise in real estate investment and complex development work. My expertise spans property finance, asset management and landlord and tenant.
I act for a wide range of clients. These include private equity real estate funds, institutional investors, property companies, banks, family offices, operational businesses and entrepreneurs. Many of the clients for whom I act are based overseas. Clients tend to regard me as a trusted advisor and often turn to me for advice which is more commercial in nature and outside my stated specialist area. This is a true compliment and is something that I really enjoy as it enables me not just to avoid thinking as a lawyer but also to be part of the client’s key commercial decision making process.
The investment and development asset classes I deal with range from offices and business parks to hotels and leisure taking in specialist ones such as urban markets and cultural as well as heritage landmarks. In recent years, I have also been involved with what in the US is referred to as “multi-family” and in the UK is termed the PRS and BTR sectors.
Whilst much of what I do involves acting for investors or landlords, this is not my sole focus and I also act for business occupiers, advising them on their space requirements and expansion programmes. These include headquarters’ relocations, acting for the providers of shared office space and advising high-end retail occupiers.
Whilst I am above all a doting dad and husband, I am also a massive fan of Liverpool FC (but cannot be described as “long-suffering” any longer) and am a keen follower of NBA basketball (especially my beloved 76ers). I love history and am somewhat addicted to cycling.
Our real estate investment practice includes a formidable depth of experience advising on investment opportunities in the real estate sector, including sales, acquisitions, joint ventures, tax arrangements, an array of financial work and lettings. We work closely with teams throughout the firm to provide comprehensive and commercially-focused advice on complex investment work for domestic and cross-border clients.
An experienced team with a pedigree of advising across the life cycle of major development and redevelopments from financing, purchase, planning and construction through to lettings and disposal.READ MORE
Our real estate occupiers team advise on the full range of tenant work, ranging from a start-up business’s first office through to major head office moves. They represent major office occupiers, professional businesses, hoteliers, restaurateurs and retailers, often with national portfolios, in their occupation requirements.READ MORE
A large and dedicated real estate team providing a full service to clients operating in the sector. The expertise of our lawyers means we can handle all level of transactions from asset management through to the most complex matters while clients benefit from the efficiency a one-stop-shop can provide.
We have a detailed appreciation of the hotel industry’s dynamics and an understanding of the corporate, commercial, tax, real estate, planning and construction issues that affect businesses in the sector. This enables us to support clients in undertaking a wide range of sophisticated and complex transactions both in the UK and internationally.READ MORE
We advise on all the key issues affecting the property industry, including regeneration and development schemes, investment, funding, construction matters, property disputes, portfolio management, planning, taxation and the creation of corporate structures.READ MORE
- Acting for a Pan-European private equity fund in assembling a large UK office portfolio, asset managing, refinancing and then breaking and exiting the portfolio in stages.
- Acting for a consortium of investors in connection with the acquisition and refinance of Camden’s Stables Market, the site assembly and development of the mixed-use Camden Lock Village and the subsequent acquisition of further complimentary assets such as Camden Lock Market and Buck Street Market.
- Advising an international shared office spaces provider on its entry into the London market, creating template operational documentation for dealing with many of their stakeholders across Europe and assisting in the evolution of their business model from asset owning to purely operational.
- Acting for a private equity fund in the asset management, breakup and exit from its UK portfolio of regional hotels.
- Advising a South American investment consortium on its entry into the UK market and acquisition of regional offices.