I am a member of our corporate team and specialise in UK corporate recovery and M&A transactions with a particular focus on distressed acquisitions, disposals and UK insolvency procedures. I also have 10 years’ of experience advising international clients on a wide and diverse range of UK M&A transactions and UK corporate investments.
Distress needn’t be distressing.
When clients approach me for advice, I understand their need for pragmatic, accurate, concise and entrepreneurial advice from a lawyer they connect with and trust. I am a believer that while episodes of financial distress bring about tough challenges, they also often present unique opportunities.
My clients include a variety of lenders, borrowers, insolvency practitioners, directors and other stakeholders affected by UK corporate financial distress. I advise on all aspects of financial restructurings and non-litigious aspects of formal UK insolvency proceedings. I also advise investors and entrepreneurs on the acquisition of non-performing or distressed assets, including pre-pack administrations and receiverships.
Alongside my corporate recovery work, I actively advise clients on UK M&A and corporate transactions and investments across a variety of sectors, including FCA regulated businesses and the publishing sector, handy because I love a good book.
I studied Law and German at university and act for a number of the firm’s German-speaking clients. I also work actively with our high net worth clients from the Indian diaspora.
Outside of work, I have two young children and enjoy going for long walks in my local countryside, trying new food and wine and planning my next holiday!
Our insolvency & restructuring team, comprising experienced contentious and non-contentious lawyers, has a reputation for providing practical solutions to business-critical challenges. We are known in the market for our 'pragmatic and responsive advice' to a range of stakeholders, including insolvency practitioners, debtors and directors.READ MORE
A team with the expertise, track record and resources to service a wide range of domestic and international clients on large-scale transactions, and our clients range from entrepreneurs to quoted multinational corporations, we have particular strength and an established reputation in the mid-market.READ MORE
Advising on venture capital and growth capital investments, the team offers extensive experience of market practice enabling the delivery of VC fundraisings in a timely and efficient manner. Clients trust the team to work on unusual and complex matters and guide them through difficult investments which are frequently first-of-a-kind.READ MORE
- Advised Bharti Group Limited on the sale of its 20% stake in SB Energy Holdings Limited to Adani Green Energy Limited, the largest acquisition in the renewable energy sector in India, valuing SB Energy Holdings Limited at an enterprise value of approximately USD 3.5 billion.
- Advised the founders and directors of a group of Spanish tapas restaurants in key sites in London) on the appointment of administrators and the purchase by an SPV of the business and assets from the administrators.
- Advised the client on a 4-year investment in a national FCA regulated financial adviser and investment management company. The deal had a complicated structure and involved a series of events by which the client would increase its shareholding from 7.5% to 30% over a 4 year period.
- Acted for a large Indian construction, real estate development and hospitality company, for the acquisition of prime real estate in Central London for a purchase price of £92.5 million. The property currently benefits from existing mixed-use planning permission but may, subject to planning permission, be redeveloped for hotel use.
- Advised a large UK hotel group on a complex share exchange, demerger and subsequent sale, working collaboratively with their tax advisors and accountants.