Andrew Bessemer Clark
I specialise in mergers and acquisitions with a particular emphasis on the projects and infrastructure market and private equity.
I have over 20 years’ experience as a mergers and acquisitions lawyer and projects and infrastructure lawyer.
As an M&A lawyer I have worked in a number of different sectors, including travel, publishing and technology. I have also undertaken a significant number of M&A transactions within the PFI and PPP market.
As a projects and infrastructure lawyer I have acted for a number of different investors in the PPP market, including Equitix, John Laing and PIP. Prior to joining Fladgate LLP in January 2007 I spent 2 and a half years working in-house for John Laing plc bidding for and closing several PFI Projects.
We advise secondary and primary-market investors in a range of sectors, PPPs/PFI and asset-backed vehicles we advise investors and contractors on their involvement with PPPs, PFIs and asset-backed vehicles and are experienced in drafting and negotiating appropriate forms of contract (including standard forms) and associated sub-contracts. We also act for a number of investors and contractors on existing renewable energy and battery storage projects, PPPs and PFIs, including advice to investors on the acquisition of portfolios of PFI/ PPP and renewable energy generation assets.
Through our extensive relationships with law firms around the world, our clients gain access to teams of lawyers worldwide with a deep understanding of the legal issues faced by businesses in the energy and resources sectors. We have particular experience of energy-related transactions in Africa and Eastern Europe.READ MORE
We act across a broad swathe of corporate matters in the UK and internationally on both public and private deals.READ MORE
A team with the expertise, track record and resources to service a wide range of domestic and international clients on large-scale transactions, and our clients range from entrepreneurs to quoted multinational corporations, we have particular strength and an established reputation in the mid-market.READ MORE
- Acting for a number of subsidiaries of Equitix funds in various variations, refinancings and other contractual negotiations with counter parties on PFI projects.
- Acting for Equitix on the acquisition of various PFI assets, including the Bishop Auckland hospital and Sandwell schools, from Foresight.
- Acting for John Laing on the sale of A55 Toll Road.
- Advising the shareholders of Original Travel on the sale of their shares to Voyageurs de Monde.
- Acting for Fly Victor on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Rocket Route Limited