I am a specialist Employment lawyer, taking pride in providing commercial and pragmatic advice to in-house legal teams, HR departments and managers. I advise on the full range of employment issues including day-to-day advisory matters, M&A and other transactions and tribunal and civil litigation.
I joined Fladgate in 2011 and have enjoyed being a member of the Employment team and wider Corporate department since. Having practised at a range of firms and across many sectors, it is rare that I come across a query that is totally new. I strive to apply my experience and knowledge for the benefit of clients - seeking to provide clarity and give useful advice that meets objectives. It sounds simple, but I have learned that it takes practice.
Matters that I assist with include managing disciplinary, grievance and redundancy processes, advising clients on post –termination restriction issues (both on resignation and recruitment), TUPE transfers and employment tribunal claims. I work with clients of all sizes from start-ups to sophisticated, multi-national businesses and across a range of sectors – though I would say that I have a particular expertise in the retail, media and technology and hotels and leisure sectors. One of my more interesting clients at present is a space satellite broadband provider – some of their work is pretty exciting.
I am a keen member of Fladgate's I&D Committee and in recent years have headed our sub-committee to increase ethnic diversity in the business.
Outside of work I live in North West London with my family. Weekends are spent terrorising other visitors at our local parks on scooters and bikes, attending birthday parties, visiting friends and family. I also enjoy most sports and cycling to work which is much missed during most of 2020.
We act across a broad swathe of corporate matters in the UK and internationally on both public and private deals.READ MORE
A boutique-style offering from dedicated employment lawyers offering full service advice to a broad range of domestic and international clients who benefit from sector expertise and tailored contentious and non-contentious advice to ensure efficiency and minimise stress for clients.READ MORE
With full service disputes capabilities, substantial links to the funding community and a track record of acting on trailblazing cases, our specialist group litigation lawyers provide a bespoke service including the identification, assessment, structuring and launch of compelling cases for individual claimants and companies.READ MORE
- Advising a well-known and high-profile sports agency on day to day employment matters – recently including bonus payment disputes and potential post-termination competition following the resignation of a senior employee.
- Providing employment support on M&A and property transactions. Recently this included undertaking a complex DD exercise on behalf of a client purchasing a large-scale paper manufacturing facility. Complicating factors included significant trade union representation, complicated shift arrangements and a number of outsourced employees.
- Assisting employer clients with TUPE and employment wording contained in outsourced service contracts. Recently this has included advising a health and safety consultancy business in relation to their master service agreement with a high-profile department store and supermarket chain, and the provider of non-emergency patient transport services on a high value contract entered with an NHS Trust.
- Representing clients in various litigation matters in both the employment tribunal and civil courts. Recent highlights include assisting an insurance broker to defend a high profile team move case (involving the mass resignation of circa 30 employees) and representing a watch manufacturer and retailer in defending a number of high-value claims pursued by former members of its senior management team.
- Advising senior executives on their exits. Recently this includes representing an MD in the beverage industry relating to a lengthy grievance process and ultimately his exit and a senior Partner in an international private equity firm involving a number of complex and high-value carried interest arrangements.