I specialise in venture capital, private equity and M&A, advising high-growth, early-stage companies and investors on capital raises, acquisitions, exits and joint ventures. I am a multilingual lawyer with an international practice that focuses in particular on western and central Europe.
I represent innovative start-up and scale-up companies and their investors across all areas of the venture and growth capital ecosystem. I am constantly amazed at the array of original business ideas and talented, passionate founders that I encounter in this work, and I am privileged to be able to play a part in helping them to achieve success.
I particularly enjoy the challenge of structuring transactions in order to strike the balance of alignment of interests between founders and investors that is so crucial to success. I also enjoy bringing the diverse range of expertise within Fladgate to bear in order to help our clients to achieve their goals.
I act for a range of investors including VC funds, corporate venture divisions, family offices and HNWIs, and understand the particular dynamics that each investor type brings. A lot of my work is international and I enjoy working with clients and lawyers in other countries to deliver complex cross-border projects.
work, I am a huge enthusiast for the outdoors – especially the mountains – and
for most sports. I am also an enthusiastic guitarist and bagpiper.
Advising on venture capital and growth capital investments, the team offers extensive experience of market practice enabling the delivery of VC fundraisings in a timely and efficient manner. Clients trust the team to work on unusual and complex matters and guide them through difficult investments which are frequently first-of-a-kind.READ MORE
We’re experienced in coordinating multi-jurisdictional teams to manage our clients’ needs around the globe and have good links with a number of firms in the main crypto-friendly jurisdictions. We combine our lawyers’ experience with that of the most appropriate local law firm. This enables us to provide our clients with advice from specialists with the most relevant experience in each jurisdiction, delivered in a collaborative way.READ MORE
Our dedicated Funds team offer our clients a full range of legal services from a fund’s inception right through to its dissolution or disposal, including potential restructuring and consideration of exit strategies.READ MORE
A team with the expertise, track record and resources to service a wide range of domestic and international clients on large-scale transactions, and our clients range from entrepreneurs to quoted multinational corporations, we have particular strength and an established reputation in the mid-market.READ MORE
Our e-business and e-commerce team is able to advise on all issues arising from the frequently changing online marketplace in a way which will help clients across a range of sectors launch, maintain and grow their brand while maximising business opportunities.READ MORE
We have a detailed appreciation of the hotel industry’s dynamics and an understanding of the corporate, commercial, tax, real estate, planning and construction issues that affect businesses in the sector. This enables us to support clients in undertaking a wide range of sophisticated and complex transactions both in the UK and internationally.READ MORE
- Ocado Ventures on:
- its investment into Karakuri (food production robotics);
- its acquisition of a majority stake in Jones Food Company (indoor vertical farming); and
- its cross-border joint venture with 80 Acres Farms and Priva Meetservice, named Infinite Acres (indoor vertical farming).
- Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments as lead investor in the Series A round of Zephr, Inc. (B2B digital media optimisation software)
- RTP Global as lead investor in the Series A round of Cuckoo Broadband (challenger broadband provider)
- Bridford Investments as lead investor in:
- the £42m capital raise of Touchlight, a genetics company that develops and manufactures DNA for medical application including in vaccine production; and
- the £24m capital raise of Meatless Farm, a developer of plant-based meat substitutes.
- Patron Capital (international real estate PE fund) on its exits from Arlington Business Park and Luxury Family Hotels