I specialise in equity capital markets transactions, M&A and advisory mandates, acting for clients ranging from founders to financial institutions. I am active in both traditional and novel business sectors, including energy and resources, technology, cannabis, and psychedelics.
I am an experienced corporate and equity capital markets lawyer.
I enjoy advising clients in diverse, challenging and often novel sectors, including mining, oil and gas, renewable energy, technology (including blockchain and cryptocurrencies), financial services, cannabis and psychedelics.
I act for UK and international issuers, founders, investors and financial institutions on a wide range of capital markets and M&A transactions including: LSE Main Market and AIM IPOs (including dual IPOs); secondary financings and M&A transactions for listed issuers; UK financings for overseas issuers; public takeovers, private acquisitions and joint ventures; activist shareholder situations; corporate governance matters; and corporate reorganisations.
After 7 years as a partner in the London office of a major Canadian law firm, I have a particular interest in advising Canadian companies on capital markets and M&A transactions in the UK.
I am consistently ranked in the Legal 500 UK for Equity Capital Markets, Mining & Minerals, and Oil & Gas work.
A full-service capital markets offering from lawyers who are experts in assisting domestic and international clients in raising new equity, either through admission to the London Stock Exchange’s (LSE) Main Market, the AIM Market (AIM) or through a dual quotation if the company is already listed overseas.READ MORE
Through our extensive relationships with law firms around the world, our clients gain access to teams of lawyers worldwide with a deep understanding of the legal issues faced by businesses in the energy and resources sectors. We have particular experience of energy-related transactions in Africa and Eastern Europe.READ MORE
The cross-firm team provides the range of legal services required by clients across the industry spectrum, from biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices companies to institutions or organisations that are involved in the research, development and sale of medicines, medical devices or nutritional products.READ MORE
We’re experienced in coordinating multi-jurisdictional teams to manage our clients’ needs around the globe and have good links with a number of firms in the main crypto-friendly jurisdictions. We combine our lawyers’ experience with that of the most appropriate local law firm. This enables us to provide our clients with advice from specialists with the most relevant experience in each jurisdiction, delivered in a collaborative way.READ MORE
- Advising leading UK cryptocurrency miner, Argo Blockchain Plc, on its £22.4 million private placing to US institutional investors led by New York investment bank H.C. Wainwright & Co.
- Advising UK SPAC Pineapple Power Corporation plc on its financing and Standard listing on the Official List and the LSE’s Main Market. Pineapple is focussed on the renewables and cleantech sectors.
- Advising UK onshore oil and gas operator, Angus Energy plc, on its AIM listing and subsequent equity and debt financings, and M&A activities.
- Advising Kazakhstan-focussed oil and gas E&P company, Caspian Sunrise plc, on a number of M&A transactions, including the US$25 million acquisition of the specialist drilling vessel “Caspian Explorer”
- Advising TSX and NASDAQ listed TransGlobe Energy Corporation, an independent international oil and gas company with exploration and production operations in Egypt and Canada, on its introduction to AIM with a market capitalisation of £135 million.