I am a specialist tax lawyer who advises UK and international clients on private client and corporate work.
I specialise in real estate taxation, investment structuring (including fund formation), corporate work (mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures etc.) both in the UK and overseas, employee tax, global mobility, incentive schemes and private capital for high net worth individuals.
I act for a wide range of clients, including individuals, SMEs and large multinationals.
After attending my first tax law lecture in my final year of university, I knew that I wanted to have a career in tax. I started this at PwC before going on to qualify as a solicitor in the tax department of a large city law firm.
I am a member of the Stamp Taxes Practitioners Group.
While I enjoy the very technical nature of my area of law, I see myself principally as a facilitator. That is, someone who helps clients achieve what they would like to do.
Outside of work, I am a keen cyclist and snowboarder.
The team works in collaboration with all other departments, providing tax advice in relation to any transaction.READ MORE
Our real estate tax team provides comprehensive real estate tax law advice to support our clients’ real estate transactions, ensuring that they are structured and implemented tax-efficiently.READ MORE
A team which helps employers to develop incentive plans and packages that attract and motivate staff, helping to optimise their value and secure their commitment, while making sure all the client’s legal needs are catered for with the delivery of bespoke employment and tax advice.
Our expert tax team use strong relationships with specialist tax advisers in other jurisdictions to provide a fully integrated service for international clients and advise on transactions with an international dimension.READ MORE
- Acting for Ocado on the sale of Marie Claire Beauty Limited to Next Plc.
- Advising Northern and Shell on the acquisition of the Health Lottery, the sale of Channel 5 to Viacom and the sale of the US edition of the OK!
- Acting for a bank being investigated by HMRC’s Special Compliance Office.
- Advising BP on the sale of the entire issued share capital of BP Nederland Energie B.V. and the sale of interests (including exploration licences and platforms) in shallow horizons offshore Trinidad.
- Advising Aberdeen Asset Management in connection with a multi-million pound settlement agreement.