I specialise in advising clients on complex and strategic workplace employment and partnership matters including contract negotiations, resolving workplace issues, reorganisations, exits and post-termination disputes.
I have spent over 20 years helping clients to achieve their people-related business aims or sorting out people issues causing them concern or trouble. The area has become increasingly complex over time, is constantly involving and my role is to help clients clearly navigate the issues to achieve the best outcome for them.
I act for a wide range of clients from multi-national corporations who are household names to start-up businesses and directors/senior management, particularly those in the media, technology, financial services and professional services sectors. A common theme in the issues I advise on is that they are personal, often-urgent and sensitive and have to be handled at pace with clients wanting a practical and clear way forward.
I have experience in all aspects of employment law from data protection issues, contract negotiations, business acquisitions and disposals, outsourcing, international and domestic reorganisations to disputes (including whistleblowing and discrimination) and protection of confidential information and post termination restrictions.
When I am not working, I enjoy increasing my wine-knowledge, listening to podcasts on an eclectic range of topics and most sports (except when I am beaten by my children, which sadly seems to be happening more often).
A boutique-style offering from dedicated employment lawyers offering full service advice to a broad range of domestic and international clients who benefit from sector expertise and tailored contentious and non-contentious advice to ensure efficiency and minimise stress for clients.READ MORE
We provide practical solutions in contentious and non-contentious situations involving financially distressed businesses through our corporate restructuring and insolvency group. The team advises insolvency practitioners, banks, other lending institutions, stakeholders, troubled companies, directors and individuals on a variety of corporate insolvency-related issues.READ MORE
Rapid growth and constant innovation in the way businesses and individuals use, store, trade and consume information and content are continually raising new business and legal issues. In the fast-changing media and technology sector, where many traditional approaches are under challenge, we believe that a combination of experience in contract preparation, negotiation and dispute resolution, and a detailed understanding of IP, regulatory and licensing issues are critical. Businesses require professional advisers who understand the myriad issues affecting the industry.READ MORE
Fladgate understands the changing nature and dynamics of the professional services sector, from structures such as LLPs or incorporations to mergers and joint ventures, enabling us to provide advice and insight that extends beyond the routine aspects of business.READ MORE
- Advising a household name global media business on the integration and restructuring of its business following its acquisition of another well-known global media organisation.
- Advised a global fashion business on a redundancy programme following closure of a UK business and the start-up of a new online publication business.
- Advised a global oil and marine business on outsourcing back office functions offshore to India.
- Assisting a publishing organisation in relation to a complex disability and sexual orientation discrimination claims including against a senior member of staff by an ex-employee with alleged mental illness.
- Advising a business on protecting its confidential information and clients following the misuse of confidential information and poaching of clients by a former employee.