I specialise in equity capital markets and in both public company and private company mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
In over twenty five years at Fladgate, I have acted on numerous initial public offerings (IPOs) on the London Stock Exchange’s Main Market and AIM Market, including dual listings, as well as secondary fundraisings and other transactions for both listed companies and their financial advisers. I have advised on takeovers, both by way of offer and scheme of arrangement.
My clients like to break new ground and I enjoy the legal challenges that brings. As a result, I have acted on: the first cryptocurrency company to list on the LSE, Argo Blockchain; the first esports business to list on the LSE, Guild Esports; and the first pure-play FMCG cannabinoid listing on the LSE, Cellular Goods.
My private company M&A practice spans many sectors but I have particular experience in publishing (both books and journals) I acted for Random House on the acquisition of the majority shareholding in BBC Books and for Penguin Books on the sale of The Rough Guides.
Away from the office, I am a keen runner (on my way to Parkrun #250) and cyclist. I am usually happiest at the top of a mountain or following a Man Utd win (I am not as happy as I used to be!).
A full-service capital markets offering from lawyers who are experts in assisting domestic and international clients in raising new equity, either through admission to the London Stock Exchange’s (LSE) Main Market, the AIM Market (AIM) or through a dual quotation if the company is already listed overseas.READ MORE
A team with the expertise, track record and resources to service a wide range of domestic and international clients on large-scale transactions, and our clients range from entrepreneurs to quoted multinational corporations, we have particular strength and an established reputation in the mid-market.READ MORE
We’re experienced in coordinating multi-jurisdictional teams to manage our clients’ needs around the globe and have good links with a number of firms in the main crypto-friendly jurisdictions. We combine our lawyers’ experience with that of the most appropriate local law firm. This enables us to provide our clients with advice from specialists with the most relevant experience in each jurisdiction, delivered in a collaborative way.READ MORE
The cross-firm team provides the range of legal services required by clients across the industry spectrum, from biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices companies to institutions or organisations that are involved in the research, development and sale of medicines, medical devices or nutritional products.READ MORE
Rapid growth and constant innovation in the way businesses and individuals use, store, trade and consume information and content are continually raising new business and legal issues. In the fast-changing media and technology sector, where many traditional approaches are under challenge, we believe that a combination of experience in contract preparation, negotiation and dispute resolution, and a detailed understanding of IP, regulatory and licensing issues are critical. Businesses require professional advisers who understand the myriad issues affecting the industry.READ MORE
The leisure sector is experiencing a period of accelerated change and expansion in response to new technologies and changing consumer behaviours. Drawing on the expertise of our diverse firm, our team provides advice on a wide range of legal and business challenges.READ MORE
- Advising Argo Blockchain PLC on its admission to the standard segment of the Official List and to trading on the London Stock Exchange’s Main Market. Argo raised £25m under a placing concurrent with admission.
- Advising AIM listed Satellite Solutions Worldwide Group plc on two rounds of investment from Business Growth Fund (totalling £12m) and on the raising of a further £12m by way of an equity placing to fund two acquisitions.
- Advising Japanese listed company, CTI Engineering Co. Ltd on its successful £43m recommended takeover offer for Main Market listed Waterman Group PLC (joint instruction with Lewis Townsend LLP).
- Advising The Random House Group Limited on the acquisition of the majority shareholding in BBC Books from BBC Worldwide and on a worldwide partnership with Virgin Books to develop the Virgin Books brand in the field of book, audio and digital publishing.
- Advising on the disposal by health club operator Esporta of a 13-club package of health and fitness clubs to Virgin Active. The deal involved the sale of seven health and fitness clubs in the UK as well as Esporta’s Spanish subsidiary.