I am a technology, sourcing and commercial lawyer with nearly 30 years' experience advising clients on their outsourcing, cloud, digital, technology and other commercial projects. I also work on a range of advisory and compliance projects including supply chain risk (modern slavery, conflict minerals, anti-bribery), crisis and continuity management, GDPR, and diligence.
I joined Fladgate in 2019 to help grow the firm’s technology and outsourcing practice. I enjoy helping clients achieve outcomes and objectives by taking a strategic, measured and thoughtful approach to contractual negotiations which typically result in long-term relationships between customers and their service providers.
I have always enjoyed the international aspects of my work and count myself lucky to have worked on deals which have taken me to a number of countries including the US, Hong Kong, Singapore, Europe, India and the Middle East, and have enjoyed working with a wide range of companies such as AXIS Capital, BHP Billiton, Chevron Tech Ventures, Dr Reddy's, Fyffes, GlaxoSmithKline, Goldman Sachs, Ocado, Old Mutual, Prudential, Resolution, Royal Sun Alliance, The Cooperative Group, and UBS, as well as a growing number of technology start-ups and growth companies.
I count myself lucky to work for great clients, doing exciting things at the intersection of business, technology & regulation, covering a wide-range of projects including information technology and business process outsourcing; facilities management outsourcing, data centre, colocation and real estate services, supply chains contracts, warehousing and logistics; system integration and ERP (e.g., Oracle, SAP); joint ventures, collaboration & alliance agreements; public procurement and supply; software/application development and licensing; data processing/data sharing; e-commerce and online platforms; web development and hosting, and SaaS and other types of cloud computing.
In my spare time I enjoy windsurfing, tennis, running and mountain-biking.
Outsourcing and offshoring advice from a team who can help clients with every stage of the outsourcing process, from drafting the legal and contractual elements of tender documentation and evaluating supplier responses to service level agreements and scheduling.READ MORE
Our expert team advise on all aspects of commercial law, including commercial agency, contracts, competition, data protection and cyber security, digital business and consumer, intellectual property, outsourcing and technology.READ MORE
Commercial lawyers advising on all aspects of contractual work, from drafting to negotiation, supporting our clients’ day-to-day operations and tackling complex projects.READ MORE
The cross-firm team provides the range of legal services required by clients across the industry spectrum, from biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices companies to institutions or organisations that are involved in the research, development and sale of medicines, medical devices or nutritional products.READ MORE
Through our extensive relationships with law firms around the world, our clients gain access to teams of lawyers worldwide with a deep understanding of the legal issues faced by businesses in the energy and resources sectors. We have particular experience of energy-related transactions in Africa and Eastern Europe.READ MORE
- Acted for GlaxoSmithKline on many of its outsourcing and technology transactions, including a billion-dollar procurement of GSK’s global facilities management services.
- Represented on HCL Insurance its exit from an outsourcing agreement with a leading financial services firm.
- Assisted Zouk Capital (the manager of the UK Charging Infrastructure Fund) in connection with the shared services and infrastructure services arrangements put in place for Zouk’s joint venture with Liberty Global.
- Advised Dr. Reddy's Laboratories in connection with its business continuity and crisis management arrangements relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, including analysis of Dr. Reddy’s customer obligations and related supply chains.
- Acted for Goldman Sachs in connection with the outsourcing of global facilities management function to CBRE and JLL, including the roll out and implementation of the arrangements in EMEA.