I am an experienced employment law specialist, working with clients across a range of sectors on all aspects of employment law. I have a particular specialism in cross border and high value High Court disputes and I am qualified to practice in both the UK and Ireland.
I have been an employment lawyer for over 20 years spending the majority of my time helping corporate clients to have worthwhile and mutually beneficial relationships with their employees and workers.
My focus is primarily on avoiding disputes with employees or resolving them when they occur. I have a background in litigation and my practice, although broad-based in employment law, encompasses a particular specialism for high value High Court disputes.
I have both defended and prosecuted multiple team move cases involving damages of up to $100m. I have an interest in cross border employee disputes, including anti-suit injunctions, multi-jurisdictional claims, and have previously litigated claims in India, the Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland.
I am a member of the Employment Lawyers Association, and the American Bar Association Labor and Employment Law International Section. I have been at Fladgate since 2015 moving from the London office of a Canadian law firm, where I was the UK Head of Employment.
In my spare time I enjoy renovation projects, spending time with my family in Donegal, and hiking.
A boutique-style offering from dedicated employment lawyers offering full service advice to a broad range of domestic and international clients who benefit from sector expertise and tailored contentious and non-contentious advice to ensure efficiency and minimise stress for clients.READ MORE
With full service disputes capabilities, substantial links to the funding community and a track record of acting on trailblazing cases, our specialist group litigation lawyers provide a bespoke service including the identification, assessment, structuring and launch of compelling cases for individual claimants and companies.READ MORE
- Acting for Jardine Lloyd Thompson Plc in defending a High Court claim for $100m brought by Willis arising from a large scale recruitment exercise.
- Acting for an international bank in relation to a jurisdiction dispute in the UK High Court.
- Advising a global pharmaceutical on a cross border IT outsourcing exercise, including assisting with European Works Council consultation.
- Acting for a number of claimants and defendants in the Financial Services sector in relation to the enforcement of restrictive covenants.
- Advising on the employment aspects of a $4bn hotel chain acquisition across 26 separate jurisdictions including advice on the Acquired Rights Directive arising from the REIT.