I am a highly experienced tax adviser, specialising in tax planning for corporates and HNWI with business interests.
With over 35 years’ experience and having spent a significant amount of my career working outside the UK, I have keen interest in international tax planning. I advise private equity funds, family offices, major corporates and leading investment banks.
An example of recent work includes completing a major reorganisation of a private equity group with significant business interests around the world. The planning resulted in a structure which should be tax efficient going forward and is acceptable to all stakeholders, including the tax authorities in the countries in which the business operates.
I am recognised as an expert in tax law by both Chambers and Legal 500.
We support high net worth individuals and families, both in the UK and internationally, in identifying and then implementing the arrangements that best suit their individual needs.
Our expert tax team use strong relationships with specialist tax advisers in other jurisdictions to provide a fully integrated service for international clients and advise on transactions with an international dimension.READ MORE
We act across a broad swathe of corporate matters in the UK and internationally on both public and private deals.READ MORE
A team with the expertise, track record and resources to service a wide range of domestic and international clients on large-scale transactions, and our clients range from entrepreneurs to quoted multinational corporations, we have particular strength and an established reputation in the mid-market.READ MORE
Our real estate tax team provides comprehensive real estate tax law advice to support our clients’ real estate transactions, ensuring that they are structured and implemented tax-efficiently.READ MORE
The team works in collaboration with all other departments, providing tax advice in relation to any transaction.READ MORE
Our experience in the fields of trusts and tax planning enables us to deliver practical and intelligible solutions to wealthy and landed families and, more recently, successful entrepreneurs and businesses.READ MORE
- Assisting two UK resident non-domiciliaries on a reorganisation of their UK private equity business.
- Advising a financial institution on various tax enhanced products for individuals (including an offshore partnership structure designed to achieve inheritance tax advantages).
- Advising Crédit Mutuel on its acquisition of GE’s European leasing and lending business for €11bn.
- Devising a tax and regulatory capital efficient structure for a Swiss bank.
- Advice to a major UK bank on a dispute involving the tax treatment of financial traders in partnerships where the amounts at stake exceed US$500m.