I specialise in contentious and non-contentious construction work including advising on developments, acquisitions and construction disputes.
I have spent my entire legal career with Fladgate having joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in 2015.
I act for a wide range of developers, contractors and lenders in the residential and commercial property, hotels, public attractions and energy and waste sectors as well as a range of clients in court litigation, adjudication and arbitration proceedings.
I enjoy the challenges of working in such a diverse and ever-changing industry. Construction projects, and the challenges they present, come all shapes and sizes meaning a proactive and creative approach to solving complex problems and realising clients’ aspirations is a must.
I aim to bring a personal approach to my work and place a premium on developing strong working relationships with my clients. As a proud Mancunian (red half!) I try to harness a worker bee mentality with a sprinkling of northern charm for good measure.
When not working, I can be found on the golf course, out cycling or in front of the television watching the football. DIY and garden work tend to infiltrate my weekends too when I am feeling particularly rock ‘n’ roll!
The scale and duration of projects in this sector call for specialist expertise in drafting and negotiating contracts. Our team has extensive experience in contracts for supply, installation, construction and facilities management, appointments, collateral warranties, bonds and parent company guaranteeREAD MORE
Our clients trust us to manage and efficiently resolve their construction disputes in their best interests. Our ability to grasp detailed technical issues and market acknowledged reputation for competently handling complex construction disputes are also key strengths.READ MORE
Our large dedicated construction team advise a wide range of clients on the legal aspects of construction projects, from contracts and other documentation to navigating EU procurement rules, appointing the appropriate professionals and resolving contractual issues during the construction phase.READ MORE
Our large dedicated construction team provide non-contentious and contentious construction advice on domestic and international matters. We have acted for many of the leading funds and investors into the UK construction industry as well as a number of suppliers.READ MORE
We advise on all the key issues affecting the property industry, including regeneration and development schemes, investment, funding, construction matters, property disputes, portfolio management, planning, taxation and the creation of corporate structures.READ MORE
- Acted for the 4C Hotels Group on their re-development of the Minories Estate, London EC3, including the construction of the United Kingdom’s first ‘Canopy by Hilton’ hotel.
- Acted for Michael J Lonsdale in High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court proceedings which confirmed the interplay between the construction adjudication and insolvency regimes (Bresco Electrical Services Ltd (in liquidation) v Michael J Lonsdale (Electrical) Ltd  UKSC 25).
- Advised the U+I Group in respect of a £130 million mixed use regeneration scheme in partnership with Brighton and Hove City Council at Circus Street, Brighton.
- Acted for Quintain on their development of Wembley Park, including multiple residential and retail developments, infrastructure works and development financing and re-financing.
- Advised on the construction aspects of Harbor Group International’s £48 million acquisition and financing of 6-8 Bouverie Street, London EC4.