I specialise in general commercial litigation and contentious insolvency law. I have particular experience in dealing with cross-jurisdictional disputes and group actions.
I have expertise in a wide range of general commercial litigation matters. As a generalist, my work covers various practices and substantive areas, including complex commercial litigation, both domestic and multi-jurisdictional. My experience spans cases that have gone to trial (in England and Iceland) to applications for injunctive relief or other interlocutory relief. I also have experience in arbitration and alternative dispute resolution. I have a particular interest in disputes involving an international element and working with foreign counsel.
In addition, I have extensive experience in cross-border insolvency and represent creditors and debtors in an insolvency context.
I act on behalf of a range of English and international registered companies / corporations as well as high net worth individuals. I analyse a client’s issues and priorities so that my work is tied to their strategic goals. My priority is to assist clients in obtaining the best results in litigation.
Outside of work, I like to stay active, go to the theatre and travel. I am also a history enthusiast.
Working closely with clients to anticipate and deal with their business risks and objectives, we utilise the skills of a team of lawyers who are experienced in all types of dispute resolution. Our multi-national, bi-lingual team enables us to service clients wherever they are in the world while achieving the best results for their business.READ MORE
We have a track record for taking on complex, high value and cross-border disputes across a range of sectors. Our strong international focus is a key strength. Our team acts for corporates, high net worth individuals and other overseas lawyers. The practice is home to a several international desks including India and the Middle East.READ MORE
Our insolvency & restructuring team, comprising experienced contentious and non-contentious lawyers, has a reputation for providing practical solutions to business-critical challenges. We are known in the market for our 'pragmatic and responsive advice' to a range of stakeholders, including insolvency practitioners, debtors and directors.READ MORE
With full service disputes capabilities, substantial links to the funding community and a track record of acting on trailblazing cases, our specialist group litigation lawyers provide a bespoke service including the identification, assessment, structuring and launch of compelling cases for individual claimants and companies.READ MORE
Our civil fraud & asset recovery team is described as 'innovative and nimble'. Its members include those with industry and regional experience as well having regulatory, trusts, employment and insolvency specialisms.READ MORE
We advise international companies both in the UK and abroad in relation to conducting arbitration proceedings and enforcing international arbitration awards. Our team is also experienced in dealing with investor-state arbitrations under bilateral and multilateral investment treaties, including the Energy Charter Treaty.READ MORE
- Acting for a non-Executive Director in respect of a £37.6 million claim for breach of directors’ duties (statutory and fiduciary) brought by Joint Liquidators.
- Representing a Bahamian bank on a jurisdictional challenge in the English courts.
- Acting on behalf of a subsidiary of a UK Listed energy company in relation to two complex and interlinked international arbitrations relating to an oil and gas concession.
- Advising on termination of aircraft leasing agreements and seeking ex parte interim arrest and possession injunctions for non-payment of lease fees.
- Acted for a financial services regulator in pursing recoveries in excess of £400 million in relation to a complex corporate structure of a failed property fund subject to jurisdictions of various Caribbean countries. Work done involved local and cross border insolvency issues and on-going management of claims both in and outside the UK including formal insolvency processes and civil litigation.