I specialise in family law, including divorce and separation, financial proceedings, pre and post nuptial agreements and all issues relating to children. I also specialise in the law relating to art and cultural property.
My expertise is in handling high net worth and complex financial divorces often with an international focus and involving offshore trusts, business valuations, pre-acquired assets and issues of non disclosure. I also have significant experience in helping clients with disputes concerning children, including child arrangements, residence, abuse, abduction and adoption.
Relationship breakdown is never easy and my clients expect matters to be dealt with efficiently and with sensitivity. My aim is to deliver realistic advice that achieves the best results in a cost efficient way and I take a hard line when we need to and push to settle when we do not.
Art has always been a passion and I also have significant expertise in the area of art and cultural property law, particularly disputes relating to title, authenticity and illegally trafficked goods. I am Deputy Chair of the Treasure Valuation Committee and teach on the issue of valuations and ADR.
Outside work I enjoy visiting galleries and art exhibitions. I am also a keen cook and fair weather cyclist and walker, preferably to a nice country pub. As a Northerner at heart, I enjoy cold water swimming and (very) occasionally take a dip in the Hampstead Ponds.
A highly experienced private wealth disputes team providing a one stop shop to clients in the sector and able to advise on any issue which may arise. Advising clients across-the-board, the team can strive to minimise the risk of disputes while having the expertise and experience to litigate at the highest level.
Our partner-led team advise both married and cohabiting couples whether at the start or end of a relationship. We are experienced at identifying issues at an early stage, whether it relates to finances or children, and provide focussed advice which is tailor made to your situation.READ MORE
Working closely with clients to anticipate and deal with their business risks and objectives, we utilise the skills of a team of lawyers who are experienced in all types of dispute resolution. Our multi-national, bi-lingual team enables us to service clients wherever they are in the world while achieving the best results for their business.READ MORE
- Advising on the impact of significant inherited wealth in financial remedy proceedings following a long marriage.
- Advising on a financial settlement following a long marriage which included a variety of assets classes including retail and farming incomes. Valuations were a key issue.
- Advising on a Pre Nuptial Agreement to protect dynastic family wealth in the event of separation.
- Representing a client in financial remedy proceedings where assets were located in three jurisdictions and allegations of non disclosure were made, but held to be unfounded at a final hearing.
- Representing a parent in child arrangement proceedings following allegations of serious harm against the child, which were held to be unfounded. Parental alienation was an issue.