I am a disputes lawyer who acts in a wide range of complex, cross border and high-value cases in both court and arbitration proceedings.
My litigation practice incorporates a broad range of commercial disputes with a focus on partnership disputes, civil fraud and contentious insolvency. I have particular experience of handling cases involving freezing injunctions, Norwich Pharmacal orders and other forms of interim relief. I have also managed proceedings in foreign jurisdictions and assisted foreign parties in obtaining evidence from parties in England & Wales pursuant to the Hague Convention.
I have advised and represented clients in international arbitration under the LCIA, ICC, GAFTA and UNCITRAL arbitration rules, as well as experience advising on ICSID arbitrations.
I commonly act for entrepreneurs, high-net worth individuals, energy companies, and clients in the finance, private equity and property sectors.
Away from work, I am a keen globe-trotter and enjoy pushing myself to explore new countries and cultures. This is something I can now enjoy with my family, who are already intrepid little explorers.
Working closely with clients to anticipate and deal with their business risks and objectives, we utilise the skills of a team of lawyers who are experienced in all types of dispute resolution. Our multi-national, bi-lingual team enables us to service clients wherever they are in the world while achieving the best results for their business.READ MORE
Our civil fraud & asset recovery team is described as 'innovative and nimble'. Its members include those with industry and regional experience as well having regulatory, trusts, employment and insolvency specialisms.READ MORE
We advise international companies both in the UK and abroad in relation to conducting arbitration proceedings and enforcing international arbitration awards. Our team is also experienced in dealing with investor-state arbitrations under bilateral and multilateral investment treaties, including the Energy Charter Treaty.READ MORE
Our insolvency & restructuring team, comprising experienced contentious and non-contentious lawyers, has a reputation for providing practical solutions to business-critical challenges. We are known in the market for our 'pragmatic and responsive advice' to a range of stakeholders, including insolvency practitioners, debtors and directors.READ MORE
Fladgate understands the changing nature and dynamics of the professional services sector, from structures such as LLPs or incorporations to mergers and joint ventures, enabling us to provide advice and insight that extends beyond the routine aspects of business.READ MORE
We have a track record for taking on complex, high value and cross-border disputes across a range of sectors. Our strong international focus is a key strength. Our team acts for corporates, high net worth individuals and other overseas lawyers. The practice is home to a several international desks including India and the Middle East.READ MORE
- Public Institution For Social Security v Al Rajaan & Ors 2021 - defending a high value claim for dishonest assistance and knowing receipt of trust property
- ICC arbitration 2021 - acting for Claimants pursuing high value claims for fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of contract
- LCIA arbitration 2019 to 2021 – acting for Respondents in defence of a €60 million claim concerning entities that owned mining rights in an African state
- Lady Moon SPV SRL v Petricca & Co Capital Limited  EWHC 439 (Ch) defending an attempt to wind up an Italian real estate investment fund in England & Wales
- Avonwick Holdings Limited & Ors v Mikhail Shlosberg  EWCA Civ 1138 and Michael Shlosberg v Avonwick Holdings Limited & Ors  EWHC 1001 (Ch)  All ER (D) 76 (May) – various proceedings including the defence of unlawful means conspiracy claim and claims in other jurisdictions
- ORB A.R.L. & Anor v Fiddler & Anor  EWHC 361 (Comm) (26 February 2016) defence of a claim including resisting a Norwich Pharmacal application
- Bloomsbury International Limited (in administration) & Ors v Mark Holyoake & Ors  EWHC 1150 (Ch) – a dispute involving a freezing injunction, search order and claim for misappropriation