I am a lawyer in Fladgate’s Dispute Resolution team. I have acted for corporate and individual clients, as well as sovereign states, in a wide variety of matters. I have a particular focus on civil fraud, insolvency, joint venture disputes and asset recovery. I have experience acting in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Privy Council.
My job is to help clients navigate and resolve disputes, whether that is in Court or through alternative forms of dispute resolution, including mediation and expert determination.
I act in a wide variety of commercial disputes, but my focus is on matters arising out of allegations of fraud and on insolvency disputes. I have experience of breach of contract claims, partnership and joint venture disputes, allegations of misrepresentation and breach of trust and contempt of court, as well as cases involving applications for injunctive relief, including freezing injunctions. I have acted for clients in sectors including manufacturing, banking and finance, cryptocurrency, shipping, leisure, medical technology, art, media and sport.
Working closely with clients to anticipate and deal with their business risks and objectives, we utilise the skills of a team of lawyers who are experienced in all types of dispute resolution. Our multi-national, bi-lingual team enables us to service clients wherever they are in the world while achieving the best results for their business.READ MORE
We have a track record for taking on complex, high value and cross-border disputes across a range of sectors. Our strong international focus is a key strength. Our team acts for corporates, high net worth individuals and other overseas lawyers. The practice is home to a several international desks including India and the Middle East.READ MORE
Our civil fraud & asset recovery team is described as 'innovative and nimble'. Its members include those with industry and regional experience as well having regulatory, trusts, employment and insolvency specialisms.READ MORE
Our insolvency & restructuring team, comprising experienced contentious and non-contentious lawyers, has a reputation for providing practical solutions to business-critical challenges. We are known in the market for our 'pragmatic and responsive advice' to a range of stakeholders, including insolvency practitioners, debtors and directors.READ MORE
A highly experienced private wealth disputes team providing a one stop shop to clients in the sector and able to advise on any issue which may arise. Advising clients across-the-board, the team can strive to minimise the risk of disputes while having the expertise and experience to litigate at the highest level.
- Acting for Rakesh Malhotra, a high-net-worth individual, in a series of disputes with Super-Max Offshore Holdings (and others) before the High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Betamax v STC: Acting for Betamax in proceedings before the Privy Council arising out of the enforcement of a multi-million dollar arbitration award.
- Acting for a former director of a UK PLC in insolvency proceedings, in circumstances where the company had entered insolvency as a result of an alleged fraud.
- Acting for the directors and alleged shadow and de facto directors of a number of entities defending a derivative action arising out of an alleged fraud.
- Acting for the Government of Pakistan in a dispute with the Government of India, arising out of facts dating back to the 1940s.