My particular areas of specialism are banking and finance disputes. I am regularly instructed in relation to substantial shareholder and joint venture disputes, frequently involving allegations of fraud.
I am a consultant in the Dispute Resolution department at Fladgate.
My practice has traditionally been claimant focused, generally bringing claims against large institutions, although I am equally adept at defending clients, with notable success, particularly in the unfair prejudice arena.
I have expertise in the litigation funding arena. Through my connections, I am able to assist clients in securing funding solutions to enable them to bring their claims.
Working closely with clients to anticipate and deal with their business risks and objectives, we utilise the skills of a team of lawyers who are experienced in all types of dispute resolution. Our multi-national, bi-lingual team enables us to service clients wherever they are in the world while achieving the best results for their business.READ MORE
We have a track record for taking on complex, high value and cross-border disputes across a range of sectors. Our strong international focus is a key strength. Our team acts for corporates, high net worth individuals and other overseas lawyers. The practice is home to a several international desks including India and the Middle East.READ MORE
One of the few firms with a pedigree of bringing major cases for individuals and companies, including within the growing group litigation sector. We have the ability to access, structure, organise, and obtain the funding required whilst mitigating much of the risk and keeping those costs off balance sheet.READ MORE
With full service disputes capabilities, substantial links to the funding community and a track record of acting on trailblazing cases, our specialist group litigation lawyers provide a bespoke service including the identification, assessment, structuring and launch of compelling cases for individual claimants and companies.READ MORE
We advise international companies both in the UK and abroad in relation to conducting arbitration proceedings and enforcing international arbitration awards. Our team is also experienced in dealing with investor-state arbitrations under bilateral and multilateral investment treaties, including the Energy Charter Treaty.READ MORE
We provide comprehensive advisory and transactional services to our clients. Our lawyers understand the regulatory environment in which both lenders and borrowers operate and the diverse range of financing structures now available.READ MORE
- Acting for 33,000 claimants in the claim against The Royal Bank of Scotland plc and others in proceedings pursuant to section 90 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 in relation to the 2008 Rights Issue.
- Acting for a financial services firm in the prosecution of its claim for commission against its former client, an international maritime group.
- Acting for the Respondent in an ICC Arbitration in relation to the exercise of a put option pursuant to the provisions of a shareholders’ agreement in relation to a Polish real estate fund.
- Otkritie International Investment Management Limited & Others v Georgy Urumov & Others  EWHC 191 (Comm) – acting for three of 14 defendants in relation to an alleged conspiracy to defraud in the sum of US$160 million in relation to the trading of Argentinean sovereign debt.
- Acting for a member of the Kuwaiti royal family in LCIA arbitration proceedings in relation to the construction of a luxury yacht, valued at €38 million.