I specialise in the resolution of commercial and personal disputes, particularly those involving allegations of fraud, misfeasance and breach of trust.
Since starting as a partner with Fladgate in 2012, I have represented a broad range of clients - individuals, companies and organisations – and have helped them to seek legal redress or to defend themselves against claims.
I consider myself lucky to be able to help people and organisations, often at the most stressful of times, to navigate themselves out of situations in which they find themselves.
Many of my clients live or have businesses abroad which can add unwanted complexity to their claims. I am used to working on multi-jurisdictional disputes and to making applications to the court in this country to assists disputes in other jurisdictions, for example with worldwide freezing orders.
I am the Vice Chairman (civil) of the Fraud Lawyers Association and also a committee member of the London Solicitors Litigation Association. I write regularly for the legal press on issues affecting litigators in England.
Working closely with clients to anticipate and deal with their business risks and objectives, we utilise the skills of a team of lawyers who are experienced in all types of dispute resolution. Our multi-national, bi-lingual team enables us to service clients wherever they are in the world while achieving the best results for their business.READ MORE
We have a track record for taking on complex, high value and cross-border disputes across a range of sectors. Our strong international focus is a key strength. Our team acts for corporates, high net worth individuals and other overseas lawyers. The practice is home to a several international desks including India and the Middle East.READ MORE
Our civil fraud & asset recovery team is described as 'innovative and nimble'. Its members include those with industry and regional experience as well having regulatory, trusts, employment and insolvency specialisms.READ MORE
A highly experienced private wealth disputes team providing a one stop shop to clients in the sector and able to advise on any issue which may arise. Advising clients across-the-board, the team can strive to minimise the risk of disputes while having the expertise and experience to litigate at the highest level.
Our insolvency & restructuring team, comprising experienced contentious and non-contentious lawyers, has a reputation for providing practical solutions to business-critical challenges. We are known in the market for our 'pragmatic and responsive advice' to a range of stakeholders, including insolvency practitioners, debtors and directors.READ MORE
- Acting for a group of investors in connections with claims alleging breach of FSMA and fraud against a company offering investments in bonds.
- Representing a company against a former director and shareholder who were using the company’s confidential information to establish a rival business.
- Acting in a multi-party action, for a former partner of an established firm of solicitors in claims for breach of FSMA, negligence and dishonest assistance arising out of technology investment schemes which were designed to be tax efficient.
- Representing a defendant to claims for breach of fiduciary duty and receipt of secret profits brought by a multinational company in which corresponding proceedings were issued in Latvia, Jersey and the BVI, including representing him in committal proceedings and including in cross-appeals to the Court of Appeal.
- Representing the settlor of a trust in claims to set aside the trusts on the grounds of mistake and/or its being void for uncertainty of terms and against the firm of solicitors who established the trust in proceedings in Jersey and England.