We have a wealth of experience in acting for a range of clients on hard and soft facilities management contracts, in both traditional PFI and other partnership and PPP procurement structures.
Our facilities management team combines expertise in outsourcing, partnership and joint venture contracts with specialist expertise in facilities management-related areas including real estate, construction and engineering, employment, insurance, IP, corporate structuring and tax.
We advise on facilities management contracts including:
- Repairs and maintenance – responsive repairs, planned and cyclical repairs and replacements
- IT services
- Back-office services, business processes, data centres and managed communication/call handling
- Estate management
- Residential property and tenant management
- Transport and logistics
- Mechanical and electrical engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Medical supplies
- Specialist manufacturing and engineering
- Professional support services
- Other specialist procurements of products or services
We are experienced in developing contracts to bring together multiple services or to outsource facilities management in what is sometimes called a ‘total FM’ solution. We support clients who are outsourcing FM for the first time or re-procuring contracts. We are able to use the various industry standard form contracts, Government FM contracts employed by the public sector, or to develop bespoke contracts, including partnering arrangements.
Where needed, our strength in project advisory work and dispute management enables us to provide clients with early advice on a problem and access to a range of dispute resolution options.
We have worked in various specialist sectors, including:
- Hospitals and community health centres
- Schools, colleges and local education authorities
- Utilities and energy projects, including nuclear and renewables, oil and gas pipelines
- Defence, security and military facilities
- Housing, student and defence accommodation
- Sports stadiums and event venues
- Transport, including rail, bus and airports
- Water and sewage treatment
- Waste and process plants