Immigration in all forms is a complex and increasingly emotive issue. Globalisation has fostered greater mobility for businesses and workforces alike, resulting in new challenges for legislators and business owners.
In the UK, immigration laws are in a near constant state of flux as the government seeks to attract certain skills and stem the flow of others, making corporate immigration into the UK very complicated. Businesses need to be vigilant and expertly advised to avoid breaching the rules, while at the same time ensuring that they take advantage of all opportunities to recruit and locate effectively.
Our immigration lawyers specialise in advising businesses, ranging from London-based to national and multinational companies, on all immigration-related issues. We offer specialist advice and legal representation both for individuals and for businesses at every stage of the UK’s points-based system, which governs initial admission and permission to remain for various forms of personal, business and employment-related immigration.
Areas that we advise businesses on include:
- Obtaining a Sponsor Licence
- Obtaining Certificates of Sponsorship
- Tier 1 Start up and Innovator
- Tier 2 – General
- Tier 2 – Intra-company Transfers
- Tier 5 GAE
- Assistance during Home Office compliance visits
- Implementing internal compliance strategies
- Developing record keeping and monitoring systems
- Recruitment processes and Labour Market Test
- Representative of an Overseas Business
- Ongoing compliance with UK immigration laws and sponsorship duties
- Prevention of illegal working
- Dependent family members
- Switching between relevant immigration categories
- Immigration appeals
- Extension applications
- Indefinite Leave to Remain applications
- Brexit advice for businesses and their EU workforce