Employee incentives play an important role in the battle to attract, engage and retain the right talent.
We help employers to develop incentive plans and packages that attract and motivate staff, helping to optimise their value and secure their commitment, while satisfying the increasingly complex tax and legal requirements.
Share plans and employee incentives are often a fundamental part of corporate transactions. We are experienced in developing a wide range of packages and benefits, and migrating such packages through acquisitions and disposals, takeovers, management buy-outs, transfer of businesses and flotations.
Our tax and employment teams advise on and implement a wide range of incentive arrangements including:
- Enterprise management incentives option plans(EMI);
- Company share option plans (CSOP);
- Unapproved option plans;
- Growth share structures;
- Nil-paid or partly paid share arrangements and special share classes;
- Cash-based bonus arrangements and phantom share option plans; and
- Employee benefit trusts (EBTs), both UK and offshore.