Having acted for trust corporations and trust entities for many years, our dispute resolution team has extensive expertise in trust and trust-related disputes, both onshore and offshore.
Trust disputes often present a very particular set of difficulties and legal issues, many of which derive from a trustee’s special responsibility as fiduciary. These may relate to how costs are dealt with, the protection of trustees from personal liability, breaches of trustees’ obligations and challenges over the administration of the trust.
Our client base comprises international trust companies, wealthy private clients, professional trustees and executors.
In addition to advising on contentious trust or estate matters, we also provide ongoing advice in relation to administrative risk regulation to avoid problems arising in the future.
Areas in which we have particular expertise include:
- Trustees’ liability for breach of trust
- Beddoes applications
- Representation of offshore trustees joined or wishing to intervene in English matrimonial proceedings
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Disputed wills – undue influence testamentary capacity
- Court administration of a trust/settlement or directions as to their proper construction
- Removal of trustees from office
- Trustees’ costs in court proceedings
- Tax hearings before the Special Commissioners
For legal updates and news, please visit The Wealth Lawyer blog