I specialise in tax and legal issues affecting family wealth holding vehicles, inheritances and estate planning.
I have over 20 years’ experience advising on family wealth holding vehicles (wills, trusts and corporate entities) and related issues. I also help plan family wealth transfers and inheritances. My clients are individuals, trustees, personal representatives of estates and attorneys/families with incapacitated family members; UK based and abroad; sometimes relocating in or out of the UK. My work often has an international angle.
Inheritance Tax mitigation is a particular interest; an issue affecting many of my clients. It’s so rewarding helping my clients find answers to tricky questions affecting their own, unique circumstances. Law and tax in this area can be extremely complex and bemusing. I help my clients evaluate their options in order to reach the right conclusions. It’s a personal process, sometimes conducted in difficult circumstances. I aim to provide timely, sensitive but cheerful assistance, delivered with a commercial eye.
Prior to joining Fladgate in 2012, I worked at pre-eminent London law firms. When I’m not nurturing relationships with my clients, I like to be outside with family and friends, nurturing my garden. I live in a small country village, with a church, pub and a nature reserve - I like visiting all three, in equal measure!
We support high net worth individuals and families, both in the UK and internationally, in identifying and then implementing the arrangements that best suit their individual needs.
We provide an efficient and comprehensive service on all matters relating to the planning and administration of estates, wills and taxes.READ MORE
Our experience in the fields of trusts and tax planning enables us to deliver practical and intelligible solutions to wealthy and landed families and, more recently, successful entrepreneurs and businesses.READ MORE
Trust disputes often present a very particular set of difficulties and legal issues, many of which derive from a trustee’s special responsibility as fiduciary. These may relate to how costs are dealt with, the protection of trustees from personal liability, breaches of trustees’ obligations and challenges over the administration of the trust.READ MORE
We are well-placed to assist clients with all aspects of the ownership of significant personal assets to ensure an appropriate balance between commercial interests and family wealth planning.READ MORE
Our expert tax team use strong relationships with specialist tax advisers in other jurisdictions to provide a fully integrated service for international clients and advise on transactions with an international dimension.READ MORE
- Inheritance Tax planning advice relating to a substantial UK property portfolio, for a UK based family with family members abroad.
- Representing the interests of Australian beneficiaries in connection with a contentious UK estate.
- Advising a UK resident, Indian domiciled couple on their domicile status and the creation of a new offshore structure to hold their business interests.
- Advising on international probate issues and a new Sharia’h compliant offshore structure in connection with the estate of a Middle Eastern UHNWI patriarch in the UK and Switzerland.
- Succession planning for family company interests for a wealthy entrepreneur with vulnerable/disabled family members.