I advise HNW UK and international families on all aspects of UK and offshore tax, succession planning and trusts.
I am an experienced private client solicitor who works with high net worth and ultra high net worth individuals, families and family offices, trustees and charities from across the globe. I help my clients with many aspects of their personal and business affairs and helps them find and implement solutions regarding cross-border estate and trust planning, probate and philanthropy matters.
Having travelled extensively as a professional junior ballroom dancer and having lived in the US and Canada, my global outlook and experience allows me to establish meaningful relationships with clients and professionals. I have a keen interest in ESG initiatives and strive to make a positive impact.
I am a native Russian speaker and full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), the Law Society Private Client section and the Charity Law Association. I have written for many industry publications including: LexisNexis; the Tax Journal; CityWealth Magazine; Philanthropy Impact Magazine; and the Journal of International Tax, Trust and Corporate Planning.
We support high net worth individuals and families, both in the UK and internationally, in identifying and then implementing the arrangements that best suit their individual needs.
We advise individuals, families, family offices and corporates in their creation, funding and management of charities and foundations. In addition, we advise charities and non-for profit organisations in respect of all their legal and tax requirements.READ MORE
We provide an efficient and comprehensive service on all matters relating to the planning and administration of estates, wills and taxes.READ MORE
We are well-placed to assist clients with all aspects of the ownership of significant personal assets to ensure an appropriate balance between commercial interests and family wealth planning.READ MORE
Our experience in the fields of trusts and tax planning enables us to deliver practical and intelligible solutions to wealthy and landed families and, more recently, successful entrepreneurs and businesses.READ MORE
Our expert tax team use strong relationships with specialist tax advisers in other jurisdictions to provide a fully integrated service for international clients and advise on transactions with an international dimension.READ MORE
Trust disputes often present a very particular set of difficulties and legal issues, many of which derive from a trustee’s special responsibility as fiduciary. These may relate to how costs are dealt with, the protection of trustees from personal liability, breaches of trustees’ obligations and challenges over the administration of the trust.READ MORE
- Advising offshore trust companies and beneficiaries on tax issues and historic tax compliance, the tax treatment of distributions and the tax consequences of structuring investments.
- Advising on real estate tax matters, including advising on tax efficient structures for UK residential and commercial property, de-enveloping of UK residential property and SDLT issues.
- Regular advice on the UK tax residence and UK tax exposure (including the remittance basis of taxation) and co-ordinating advice from multiple jurisdictions for clients looking to relocate.
- UK and international tax efficient succession planning and incapacity planning advice, including the drafting of Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection matters.
- Advising on the establishment of tax efficient charitable structures for facilitate international donations (including in the form of non-cash assets) and advice on governance issues and policies and registration of the structures with the Charity Commission.