Our experience in the fields of trusts and tax planning has been developed over many years of advising historically wealthy and landed families and, more recently, successful entrepreneurs and businesses.
We provide an expert service that covers all aspects of tax planning and trusts, but which is focused on delivering practical, intelligible solutions.
We advise on offshore structures for tax and estate planning, asset protection and co-ordination, and business expansion, both for those coming to and those leaving the UK. Our clients include individual entrepreneurs, banks, trust companies and other service providers.
Our tax planning and trust team benefits from the wider expertise of a substantial and experienced in-house tax practice advising on all UK domestic tax matters, both corporate and individual, direct and indirect. Through our corporate tax and private capital teams, we offer clients a full and seamless service, covering everything from the initial acquisition of business assets through to the structuring and implementation of longer-term strategies for tax-efficient wealth protection and transmission.
Our tax planning and trust expertise includes:
- Structuring for those coming to or leaving the UK
- Structuring for foreign domiciliaries living in the UK
- Cross-border structuring for business deals and personal investments
- Use of double tax treaties in tax planning
- Handling enquiries from and litigation against tax authorities
- Estate administration and succession planning, both domestically and internationally
For legal updates and news, please visit The Wealth Lawyer blog