Our team of fraud lawyers has a proven track record of successfully representing claimants and defendants in international and domestic fraud cases, both civil and criminal.
We can assemble at short notice a multi-disciplinary team with experience not only in fraud work, but also in employment, financial services, banking and corporate law to meet our clients’ specific needs, whether they are victims of fraud or facing allegations of fraud. We have extensive experience in obtaining and defending emergency injunctive relief (such as search and freezing orders) in this country and our strong international focus and connections mean we can co-ordinate cross-border claims to protect our client’s position.
When fraud is suspected, it is important to act quickly and decisively. From the investigations that should be carried out on discovery of the fraud, to tracing the proceeds and determining the commercial merits of pursuing a claim and enforcing a judgment, our specialist fraud lawyers advise at every stage of the process.
We have acted for many businesses and individuals – particularly professionals faced with allegations of fraud that put their reputation and livelihoods at risk. Even in the face of the most aggressively pursued claims we defend our clients’ interests robustly and help guide them through what can seem a very oppressive and alien process. Our reputation management service can also assist in shaping the public perception of the case.
We can help by:
- Providing advice on the prevention and detection of fraud and on corporate governance
- Assisting with employment issues arising from the discovery of theft by an employee or company officer
- Helping victims to find, preserve and recover stolen money and assets
- Obtaining urgent injunctions, such as search and worldwide freezing orders
- Making applications for orders to secure and obtain disclosure of information and documentation, both from parties and non parties to litigation
- Handling multi-jurisdictional and complex disputes
- Vigorously defending our clients’ interests
- Providing crisis and reputation management
For legal updates and news, please visit the Fladgate Dispute Resolution Hub.