Our banking and financial litigation team provides a swift, practical and commercially focused service to clearing banks, other UK banks and a number of overseas banks with branches or representative offices in London.
We also act for commercial clients in banking and financial disputes. Working within our banking and finance practice, the team features lawyers who specialise in banking and financial services and works closely with our non-contentious finance and insolvency teams.
The work of the group includes:
- Reviewing security, addressing deficiencies and pre-empting potential claims or defences
- Recovery litigation, including disputed security and enforcement
- Insolvency, acting for banks, insolvency practitioners and creditors
- Fraud, payments by mistake, restitution, constructive trusts and injunctions
- Breaches of mandate, disputes concerning cheques, bills of exchange, documentary credits and performance bonds
- Payment systems
- Mis-selling claims, including swaps
- Claims against professionals, including surveyors, accountants and solicitors
- Disputes between banks
The team works closely with other parts of the firm to offer our clients a broad range of expertise including property law, planning, environment, corporate finance, trusts and tax.
For legal updates and news, please visit the Fladgate Dispute Resolution Hub.