I am a debt finance partner with over 22 years’ experience across real estate, corporate lending and leverage finance and has been involved in a number of restructuring transactions.
I work as part of a wider Funds, Finance and Regulatory team at Fladgate which gives me access to the best specialist advice to fit any transaction together with the wider capabilities across Fladgate.
It is more than just about the legal documentation for me, it is about understanding my clients' businesses and really getting into the commercial side. This enables me to be able to give advice rather than just the options. It is about finding the solutions not the problems and taking the work off my clients', invariably very full, plates!
I advise lenders and borrowers on both domestic and cross-border transactions. My experience includes acting on structured mezzanine and senior debt financing, restructurings and investment and development financings for financial institutions, fund structures and corporate vehicles.
I have particular expertise in the hotel, student accommodation and PRS sectors and involved in both development and investment financings. I also have experience in cross border financings including in Germany, Monaco and Switzerland.
We aim to provide clients with practical and commercial legal advice. By drawing upon our understanding of the needs of both borrowers and lenders, we are able to suggest innovative financing structures and anticipate issues in order to identify and solve problems early on.READ MORE
We provide comprehensive advisory and transactional services to our clients. Our lawyers understand the regulatory environment in which both lenders and borrowers operate and the diverse range of financing structures now available.READ MORE
Our insolvency & restructuring team, comprising experienced contentious and non-contentious lawyers, has a reputation for providing practical solutions to business-critical challenges. We are known in the market for our 'pragmatic and responsive advice' to a range of stakeholders, including insolvency practitioners, debtors and directors.READ MORE
- Advising Bank of Ireland on two financings involving two different schemes for a joint venture between private equity investor, Angelo Gordon and Ridgeback Group in the build-to-rent sector.
- Advised London & Regional Properties on the refinance by BNP Paribas of the Fairmont Monte Carlo hotel in Monaco. The Fairmont, a four star luxury hotel is located in the centre of the Principality of Monaco and has 596 guest rooms, residences and suites as well as four restaurants including Nobu and a Nikki Beach.
- Acted for KE Hotels on the development financing by Bank Leumi for the development of a 130-bedroom Moxy by Marriot Hotel in Manchester city centre. This builds on the financing of the acquisition of the Abbey Hotel in Bath and refinancing of Linton Lodge in Oxford for KE Hotels in 2018.
- Advised London & Regional on the refinancing from Aareal Bank AG of The Mayfair Town House, described as ‘London’s most stylish hotel’. The Mayfair Townhouse is the latest addition to London & Regional’s Iconic Luxury Hotels brand, adding to among others the famed Cliveden House and Chewton Glen. It is made up of 15 interlinking Georgian townhouses with 172 guest rooms.
- Advised a private bank on it’s circa £35m loan to fund a 22-storey residential scheme in London. The loan funded the acquisition of the development site and subsequent delivery of a luxury 22-storey residential tower.